Upgrade 2.4.6.0 show blank page

I recently upgraded to 2.4.6.0 and often show blank page when I open journal home page. I need to then go to the admin and when I click “Clear Data Caches” the problem resolved but after one days the same problem exists. I need to clear data caches again. I have searched forum but couldn’t find the relevant solution.

Hi @escijour,

Have you checked this FAQ entry?
http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca/t/when-i-click-some-button-or-follow-some-link-im-left-with-a-blank-page-what-do-i-do

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you

I checked but the error log is empty and when I tried FAQ entry the web look like the attached image.

Hi @escijour,

It looks like the above image was generated when the page was loading fine; can you try again when you’re experiencing the problem with the blank page?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

This screenshot displayed when I added

echo "Importing " . $class . " \n";

as guided and Blank Page do not always displayed however, It is displayed daily and when I clear cache (after I am logged in as administration under website administration) the website work fine however after sometime the same blank page error displayed and I need to clear the cache.

Even the administration page do not displayed and I need to modify the link for administration page for clearing cache.

Hi @escijour,

Are you sure you’re checking the right log file? In circumstances like these something is generally recorded.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Yes I am sure that the right file is being checked. Attached herewith screenshot please.

Hi @escijour,

There are potentially several different log files, depending on how your server is configured; the best way to ensure that you’re checking the right file is to trigger an error of some kind and see if it’s recorded. Try using PHP’s error_log function: http://php.net/manual/en/function.error-log.php

Regards,
Alec Smecher

The error code is below;

[Fri Jun 05 10:44:40.208553 2015] [authz_core:error] [pid 904542] [client 173.208.209.74:61350] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /home/escijour/public_html/search/.htaccess

Thanks

Hi @escijour,

Are you sure that corresponds to the same time as the error you’re encountering? That file (/home/escijour/public_html/search/.htaccess) is not part of OJS, so I’m not sure what directives it contains.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I have double checked the same and confirmed. Worth mentioning here that I have modified .htaccess as;

RewriteOptions inherit

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [QSA,L]

DirectoryIndex index.html index.php

Hi @escijour,

What does /home/escijour/public_html/search/.htaccess contain?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

This contains;

RewriteEngine on

RewriteOptions inherit

Isn’t the original error message saying the client was denied access to the .htaccess file by the configs? That should be intentional, if I’m reading it correctly.

Can you find another message in the error log?

This is the error message;

[Fri Jun 05 10:44:40.208553 2015] [authz_core:error] [pid 904542] [client 173.208.209.74:61350] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /home/escijour/public_html/search/.htaccess

Hi @escijour,

I’m still not certain you’re looking at the right log file. The error message you’ve quoted above is an Apache log entry, but PHP errors may not necessarily be logged to the same file. The only way to be sure you’re looking at the right file is to look at your phpinfo() output, or to generate an error as I suggested above using the PHP error_log function or something similar.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I am sorry my hosting error log file was hanged due to huge error log was encountered inside it.
So I have deleted the error_log file and re-created it.

The error log is here;

[Sat Jun 06 11:54:50.937547 2015] [access_compat:error] [pid 555862] [client 39.32.121.74:58012] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /home/escijour/public_html/error_log

[Sat Jun 06 11:53:29.011415 2015] [access_compat:error] [pid 555164] [client 39.32.121.74:57995] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /home/escijour/public_html/error_log

[Sat Jun 06 11:53:29.011415 2015] [access_compat:error] [pid 555164] [client 39.32.121.74:57995] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /home/escijour/public_html/error_log

The contents of the error_log file are as under;

[06-Jun-2015 10:48:00 UTC] ojs2 has produced an error
In file: /home/escijour/public_html/classes/journal/JournalSettingsDAO.inc.php
At line: 83
Stacktrace:
Server info:
PHP Version: 5.3.29
Apache Version: N/A
DB Driver: mysql
DB server version: 10.0.19-MariaDB
[06-Jun-2015 10:51:01 UTC] ojs2 has produced an error
Stacktrace:
Server info:
[06-Jun-2015 10:52:30 UTC] ojs2 has produced an error
Stacktrace:
Server info:
[06-Jun-2015 10:53:37 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in /home/escijour/public_html/lib/pkp/pages/notification/NotificationHandler.inc.php on line 155
[06-Jun-2015 10:55:01 UTC] ojs2 has produced an error
Stacktrace:
Server info:
[06-Jun-2015 10:55:59 UTC] ojs2 has produced an error
Stacktrace:
Server info:
[06-Jun-2015 10:56:08 UTC] ojs2 has produced an error
Stacktrace:
Server info:
[06-Jun-2015 10:56:34 UTC] ojs2: 404 Not Found

Hi @escijour,

The next time you observe a blank page in OJS, make a note of the exact time, then try checking the error log for a message corresponding with the same time.

Regards,
Alec Smecher