Unresponsive User Help Section

I have upgraded to ojs-3.1.1-4 and most features seem OK but the contextual help is not working. When I click on the help icon I get a box that is mostly blank. Screenshot attached. Javascript console message is
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
https://www.whp-journals.co.uk/ojs/ojs-3.1.1-4/index.php?journal=NP&page=help/index/en/settings.md%23website&_=1566640391560

Any ideas please?

Hi @Andrew_Johnson,

It looks like this is caused by the disable_path_info setting in config.inc.php. While technically it’s a bug and help should work with that option enabled, I would strongly recommend against continuing this way – your OJS URLs will be much uglier and some parts of the system (like the OAI interface) will operate out of spec. I’d suggest putting some time into getting your installation working without using disable_path_info.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks very much, that’s really helpful. Unfortunately at present my system doesn’t work at all with disable_path_info off but I’ll try to work out the reason for this. Till then it’s not a big deal, as the user guide at Learning OJS 3.3: A Visual Guide to Open Journal Systems gives all the info users need.

Andrew