Unknown column 'public_access' - OMP 3.x

Hi,
I am running OMP 3.1.1.0. When I try to add a file to the “Submission Library” area, the file seems to upload fine (goes to 100% and then a green check mark), but when I click OK, it hangs. I checked the apache log file and noticed this database error:
omp: DB Error: Unknown column ‘public_access’ in ‘field list’, referer: htt…
I verified the database was updated as well. Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue?
Thanks,

• Jim

It would be great if someone could at least point me in the correct direction on this.

Hi @jbutler,

Did you recently upgrade to OMP 3.1.1.0? What version did you upgrade from?

Thanks,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks for the reply @astevens. We upgraded in May from 3.1.0.0. I’m unsure if this was an issue in the previous version since I don’t believe they were trying to upload files to the Submission Library in the past. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi @jbutler,

Thanks for the further information. One thing that changed between OMP 3.1.0 and 3.1.1 is that files uploaded to the Submission Library can be marked as public access, per the attached image. Do you see this option on your site when you upload a file? I wonder if something was missed during the upgrade. Upload%20submission%20library%20file

Thanks,
Amanda Stevens

Thanks @astevens,
Sorry, it’s taken me a while to get another upgrade window. I wanted to make sure I did a clean upgrade before bugging you again. Thanks for the screen shot, I can confirm I do not have the public access option in that window. I just upgraded OMP to 3.1.1.4 from 3.1.1.0 and I was hoping it would resolve this issue, unfortunately not. The database upgrade went fine.
It’s seems the adding of the public_access field happened in an earlier version upgrade, so I can see why it still didn’t work this time. Do you have a recommendation of how to get passed this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Amanda,
Jim

Hi @jbutler,

I’m sorry, I made a mistake in my last message. It was the Publisher Library that acquired the public access option, not the Submission Library. So you should not see the public access option when you upload a file to the Submission Library. Are you still seeing the error message when you upload a file to the Library since you did your latest upgrade?

Thanks,
Amanda Stevens

Hi Amanda - @astevens,
Thanks for following up. So the process of uploading is fine, it gets to 100% and I see a green check mark. The issue is after I click ok, it sits in a loading state. Rotating circle, highlighted in the screen shot. I still get the same error as before in the php log file: DB Error: Unknown column ‘public_access’ in ‘field list’
Any thoughts?
Thanks for the help.

• Jim
    OMP

Hi @jbutler,

Are you absolutely sure that you got a “success” message when you ran the upgrade? What version does OJS self-report if you go into Site Administration?

Do you see the following lines in lib/pkp/xml/schema/libraryFiles.xml?

<field name="public_access" type="I1">
    <DEFAULT VALUE="0"/>
</field>

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hey @asmecher,
Thanks for checking in. To be clear, I am having this problem in OMP, not OJS. Yes, it was successful, there were some PHP and file cache warnings, but I did get a successfully upgraded message: OMP-success
Admin self reports as version 3.1.1.4 and Yes I see the lines you describe in the libraryFiles.xml file.
As I was looking at the print out of the db upgrade, I don’t see libraryFiles schema listed? Should it be there?
OMP-schema
Let me know if you need any more info. As always thanks for any help you may provide.
Jim

Hi @jbutler,

Ah, I spotted the issue, thanks. You can resolve this by following the instructions here:
https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/issues/4386#issuecomment-455889537

Regards,
Alec Smecher

That did the trick. Thanks for the help!
Jim