We, from Lepidus, developed a plugin for IBICT for importing and exporting journals from one install to another.
It is a working prototype, therefore there surely is room for improvement.
It supports the following requirements in your document:
- Merge an external journal into an existing install
- History; workflow; journal setup; everything is fully required; adding something additional is not sufficient.
There are some limitations though:
- The plugin does not support the migration of data stored by plugins in custom tables
- Plugins are not migrated. Therefore if the journal is using a theme plugins that is not available in the target install the theme must be adjusted.
- If the installs use different password hashing configurations (md5 vs sha1), newly imported users won’t be able to login. They need to use the password recovery procedure to login in the new install.
It is available in our github: https://github.com/lepidus/fullJournalTransfer
@amenegazzi, you may try to use our plugin. It is an import/export plugin. For installing you may clone it to the plugins/importexport folder of your installs.
Its use is very simple.
> php importExport.php FullJournalImportExportPlugin export <filename>.tar.gz <journalPath>
> php importExport.php FullJournalImportExportPlugin import <filename>.tar.gz
The plugin has a GUI support, but I don’t recommend to use due to possible timeouts or memory restrictions in php.
Let us know if it works for you. If you have any trouble using it, feel free to contact us.
Note: If the path is already in use in the target install a number will be appended to it (eg. myJournal will be imported as myJournal1).
Diego Abadan - Lepidus Tecnologia
Periódicos em Nuvens