Unable to submit - OJS 2.4.8-1

Hello all,

Today, my colleague was submitting an article for an author and the system kept complaining about first name, last name and e-mail not being filled for authors, but they were.

This is a multilingual install, but primary language is Portuguese (Brazil).

Any ideas?

Hi @ramon

Was your colleague performing this submission following regular editorial flow (using OJS as author profile)?

Did he fill all language of such fields enabled to journal (portuguese, english …)?

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello,

She was adding submission metadata, and author profile’s are filled in in all languages. Primary language is Portuguese. Whenever a submission is made, if data isn’t added in other languages, primary language is assumed (or should be).
I checked Spanish and English forms, and e-mails, first name and last name were filled in, but the error message kept showing up, specifically for those fields.

Today, submission worked…

Hi @ramon

If it happens again with her, please ask to check webserver php error log and post here message error. It is helpful to recommend guidance in debug such issues.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin

Hello @israel.cefrin,

Thanks for the suggestion.
However, our error log is pretty large…
42M, with lots of repeated 404 error messages cleaned up, and hard to say what error message is specific to that issue.

If you wish, I can email it to you through a private message here (if allowed) or personal e-mail (provided through a pm)…

Hi @ramon

Log file pattern in Apache server is:
[Fri Sep 09 10:42:29.902022 2011] [core:error] [pid 35708:tid 4328636416] [client 72.15.99.187] File does not exist: /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/favicon.ico

I.e.: date, error, id process, client IP and error : file
So, when errors occur is enough search line with date time (it is not necessary whole error_log, just more current lines to debug).

If it happens again, just post here last lines from error_log so it will be easier to anyone help you. But if we suspect it could be a possible bug of OJS that might affect whole base of users, then a different approach can be taken as necessary.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin