Unable to Add a new Block following OJS 3.1.1 upgrade

Hi,

I just upgraded my OJS from 3.1.0-1 to 3.1.1. After the upgrade, I am unable to add a new custom block and spinner is keep on spinning for ever. Also tried a new installation with the same result. Checked the PHP error log and it all looks good. Also checked the php.ini and no restrictions there either. Any suggestion?
2018-04-06_18-32-51

Update error log:
plugins/generic/customBlockManager/controllers/grid/form/CustomBlockForm.inc.php on line 90

Hi @haroldg,

Try applying this patch and let me know if it resolves the issue.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

All good. You the man Alec :sunglasses:

Hi all,

Thanks for confirming, @haroldg!

For OJS 3.1.1-0 users who encounter this issue, they can apply this patch file using the diff tool, or, if they’re not comfortable applying patches, replacing the following files:

(Make sure you’re running OJS 3.1.1-0 if you’re replacing the above files! Generally it’s not a good practice to replace your code with code from github, but it’s safe to do for 3.1.1-0 in this case.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Problem solved by removing all customBlockManager folder and replace it by this GitHub - pkp/customBlockManager: Plugin permitting the creation of custom sidebar blocks (OJS 3.0+ and OMP 1.1.1+)

1 Like

Hi @haroldg and @asmecher,
Are you already on 3.1.1.4 and do you have custom blocks running?
It works fine with individual journals, but I cannot add custom blocks at site level.
Should I downgrade to 3.0. or is there a fix?

I tried the fixes above, but this does not work… :frowning:

Best,
Peter

Hi all,

Watch this issue for a fix: Custom Block Manager does not work in site settings · Issue #4173 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher