Twitter Block Plugin Not able to edit settings as Journal Manger only as Admin

Description of issue or problem I’m having:
I have installed the Twitter Block Plugin for one of our Journals to work with. The user outside of our immediate office can only have Journal Manger as the highest level user. The user cannot see the plugin in the Installed Plugin only in the Plugin Gallery. They need to be able to set up the settings for the plugin to work. Is this normal behavior that only Admin level can edit the settings and see it in the Installed Plugin area?

Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.1.2: We have 3.3.0.5 installed.

The Plugin was installed using the Plugin Gallery and it says it is up to date. It says it is v3.2.0.1.
Additional information, such as screenshots and error log messages if applicable:

Hi @Stephen,

Do you or someone else have siteadmin privileges and can adjust the settings this way?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi Roger,
Yes I am able to. I am wondering why when I sign in with another user, I use for testing, with only Journal Manager privileges that I also cannot see the plugin in Installed Plugin or adjust the settings. I can however see it with my siteadmin privileges and adjust the settings. Is this how the plugin was create that only Siteadmin privilege users are the only ones to adjust the settings?
Thanks,
Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Yes - that’s correct the site admin role is required to install/update/adjust settings for plugins.

-Roger
PKP Team

A slight correction: an admin account is required to install, upgrade, it remove plugins. Managers can typically change the settings for plugins (though that decision is up to the plugin developer).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Stephen,

I opened an issue on GitHub ( Twitter Block Plugin ) and I will change this in the next version.
Unfortunately, this will take a while, because I’m currently working on other projects and I have to completely rebuild the plugin due to GDPR regulations.

Regard,
Ronny

Hi Ronny,

Thanks! I let the user know.

Thanks,
Stephen