Turn off some of the Citation Format Plugins in OJS 3.0.1

Hi,

I would like to switch off some of the citation format plugins, but in Plugin list their checkbox is checked but inactive and can not be unchecked.

Thanks for help!
Dijana

1 Like

Hi @dijana,

Is this to reduce the amount of screen real estate that the list uses, or for some other reason?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @dijana,

Is this to decrease the amount of screen real estate taken up by the listing, or for some other purpose?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @dijana,

They cannot be unchecked, but I believe, some of them can easily be deleted once and for all without any harm for anyone. Like e.g. ProCite, which was abandoned some 5 years ago.

Hi @asmecher,

Yes, the reason behind my questions is screen real estate. I am not sure how useful of how frequently used are some of these for biomedical journals. Do you have any feedback from biomedical journals?

Regards,
Dijana

You can delete it from the template. I have deleted 2-3, i guess.
You can delete the plugin itself and it will be deleted.

Obviously, deleting superfluous citation formats in the templates cannot be called a satisfying solution. Neither to “remove them entirely from their subdirectories in plugins/citationFormats” (as proposed in another thread). In the long term it doubtlessly will be necessary to enable journal managers to eliminate superfluous citation formats by unchecking the boxes on the “installed plugins” page.

Does anyone please have an estimation about when this will happen? Is it scheduled for OJS 3.1?

Hi @Gerwin,

There are several interrelated github issues; see e.g. #723. These have not yet been concretely scheduled for a release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher