Trouble upgrading OJS from 2.4.7-1 to 3.2.1-4

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade OJS 2.4.7-1 to 3.2.1-4 now via FTP (filezilla). I already tried upgrading to 3.3.0-6 before but it failed and later on I found out that you have to upgrade to 3.2.X before upgrading to the latest version.
So now I have the 3.2.1-4, I edited the config file to match the old ojs and went to the OJS site and it looked like this:
upgradePagee

It was also like that when i tried upgrading to 3.3.0-6. I proceeded to upgrade since the content is still showing, however when i tried to upgrade there was an error that says “The form was not submitted properly”.

The PHP error log:
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: DB Error: Connection timed out Query: SELECT * FROM journals WHERE path = ? in /srv/jurnal/ojs-3.3.0-6/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:703\nStack trace:\n#0 /srv/jurnal/ojs-3.3.0-6/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php(103): DAO->handleError()\n#1 /srv/jurnal/ojs-3.3.0-6/lib/pkp/classes/context/ContextDAO.inc.php(64): DAO->retrieve()\n#2 /srv/jurnal/ojs-3.3.0-6/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(252): ContextDAO->getByPath()\n#3 /srv/jurnal/ojs-3.3.0-6/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php(760): PKPRouter->getContext()\n#4 /srv/jurnal/ojs-3.3.0-6/classes/core/Request.inc.php(64): PKPRequest->_delegateToRouter()\n#5 /srv/jurnal/ojs-3.3.0-6/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/LazyLoadPlugin.inc.php(102): Request->getContext()\n#6 /srv/jurnal/ojs-3.3.0-6/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/LazyLoadPlugin.inc.php(63): LazyLoadPlugin->getCurrentContextId()\n#7 /srv/jurnal/ojs-3.3.0-6/plugins/generic/dublinCoreMeta/DublinCoreMetaPlugin.inc.php(24): LazyLoadPlugin->getEnabled()\n#8 /srv/jurnal/ojs-3.3.0-6/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/Pl in /srv/jurnal/ojs-3.3.0-6/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php on line 703

Note:

• I renamed the OJS folder to ojs-3.3.0-6 but it’s actually 3.2.1-4. I do this because when I don’t, the upgrading page won’t load and it would say forbidden.

What should I do to solve this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi @aerizzz

As far as I know, you can not directly upgrade from 2.4.7 to 3.2.1-4 because it’s too old.
The migration route should be 2.4.7-1 > 2.4.8-5 > 3.1.2-4 > 3.2.1-4 (or better, stable-3.2.1 that is a 3.2.1-4 with last security patch).

Adding @israel.cefrin to the conversation to confirm I’m right.

Cheers,
m.

Hi @aerizzz

@marc is correct, I would recommend that first you upgrade to the latest OJS2 version. (2.4.8-x). Afterwards, upgrade to OJS 3.1, then 3.2. These steps can ensure that you will have all previous patches and bug fixes applied to your DB.

Best,
Israel

1 Like

Hi @marc @israel.cefrin ,

Thank you very much for your answers. Will try to do it step by step.

1 Like