Trouble and doubt in upgrading form 2.2.3 to 2.4.8.1

That bugzilla link isn’t working for me. Can you describe the error message and what you suspect to be the problem? Please copy and paste as many details as possible.

When click on Install System I receive the message: “Duplicate entry ‘2–filterEditor-0-0’ for key ‘user_settings_pkey’”. The bugzilla says: "rename table=“user_settings” column=“journal_id” to=“assoc_id”

This message is saying that for the database index user_settings_pkey, there are duplicate values of “2, blank, ‘filterEditor’, 0, and 0” for each respective column in the index.

If there is a relevant entry in bugzilla, it is likely (but not certain) that the action of renaming the user_settings.journal_id to user_settings.assoc_id is taken care of in the 2.4.8.1 upgrade process. (Though since I can’t see the bugzilla entry, I can’t be sure).

Since in late 2.2.x the user_settings_pkey only had 4 columns, I assume this error is describing a problem in the data as of the 2.4.8 schema.

Dear Graham, thank you again for your attention.
I’m with version 2.2.3. I thought the update just above (2.2.4) would solve the problem, but it did not work. I already ran the update for 2.2.4 and also for 2.4.8.1. Neither of them solved the problem, and they exhibited the same message.