Translator role

Hi.
I’d like to know where I can read about the translator role: how can I use it? if I wanted to translate the article once I get to Production, can I add the translation in “Galleys”? Can I create one galley (.pdf) in english and another one in spanish?

Thank you!

Just make sure that in Settings => Website => Languages you have selected the both languages and the when you add the galley files, you can select the language for the galley file you are adding.

I think that the translator role is used only in the article metadata when you add the contributors of the article. It has the permission level of an Author so it can not be used to access the editorial workflow. If you need to have a role that is used for adding galley files in the production stage, you could use the Layout Editor role.

1 Like

Thank you!

You are right, I probably need to use it as Layout Editor. I was uploading the translation in Copyedited files, in the Copyediting stage, but I had to upload the article in there first as en Editor, because I couldn’t see the Draft Files.
I’ll try as Layout Editor.

The layout editor and other similar roles work only with an invitation. Meaning that the acting editor will invite for example the layout editor to the production stage to do her work.

But if you have the editor role and do no need other people’s help, you can just use the editor role to add the production galley files. So you do not have to use layout editor role for that.

1 Like

Thank you. Yes, I have an editor role, but I need the translator to translate the article and upload it, to publish it in both languages. Maybe I can create a new Translator role, with the permission level of Layout editor, or simmilar.

That would work, or just use the layout editor role. The translator will not see much difference anyway.