Translate plugin - Add Item don't work

Hi.
I am running the most recent OJS, with the translate plugin installed: the “Add Item” button (for new translation items) inside the plugin do nothing in my OJS. Don’t know if it is the same for everyone becuse it may be still in development, or if is happening only with me because of some wrong configurantion/permission in the server, that’s why am writing.

Thanks and regards,
Paulo

Hi @Paulo,

Do you see any Javascript errors in your browser’s console?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Before writing I checked the console js and the server error logs, but nothing appears.

The only warning in the console, is one that appears from the start when page loads, but I think it is not important and not related, print screen: http://ceh.ilch.uminho.pt/temp/ojs_print_screen.jpg

I edited the template of the OJS, and inserted a new menu item manually. I used the same code as the other menus, with the Translate key, specifying a new one similar to the others: {translate key=“about.newMenuEntry”}. Since the key is new, I tryed creating a new entry with the Translate Plugin, with the “Add Item” button, but nothing is happening. Tryed checking folder permissions, but all seems ok I think.

It is nothing urgent, the web plugin is convenient but I can add new keys manually in the XML files I think. Writing more for bug haunting.

Hi @Paulo,

Thanks, I gave this a quick test locally and it looks like there are problems as you describe. I’ve filed it for attention at Fix/improve "Add Item" button when editing translation file · Issue #19 · pkp/translator · GitHub.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team