Transfer Journals to another installation

Hello,

since there have been a lot of problems with our OJS installation on postgreql, we decided to change the database type to MySQL.

A complete database transfer doesn’t seem to be possible (slightly different database schema, coding problems)

Now I have made a complete new and empty installation on MySQL an I want to import as much as possible from the old installation.

Both installations are on version 3.1.0. I am not able to update the PostgreSQL installation. That’s one of the reason for the new DB type.

Unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to be as easy as I hoped it to be.

The export function of the user import/export plugin creates a xml based file successfully, but I am not able to import that file on the other Installation. I get one-way road sign without any errors showing below. Also there are no errors in the apache error log. I

The native xml plugin on the other hand, does the export and shows some errors, but its every time a missing user. So I need to fix the user import first

Unfortunally the fullJournalTransfer plugin isn’t compatible to version 3.

Does anyone has got a clue how to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance

IT_Sky

(Marcel)

Really? Nobody has got the answer.

I really need some help, please.

Hi @IT_Sky, if you have troubles with importing the users, you might want to consider adding the user/users from the article/issues XML dump to the target OJS instance manually. If there is only one or a few, that might be easy. Another way is to make a new dummy user on the target OJS instance and replace all the occurrences of a user in the article/issues XML dump with that single user name.

It looks like good error reporting hasn’t been added yet to the User import.
https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/commit/bc01a6a1267c888311b0a731beea2770bc38ccc0#diff-1eafc7b3118ce07262f682b4e9965cb0

It has been coded, but this enhancement is scheduled against OJS 3.2 currently.

Would you be comfortable trying the import against a fresh clone of the master branch from git? You wouldn’t want to deploy your new site with this pre-release version, but you might be able to see some helpful error messages.