This page isn’t workingjasrep.org is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500

I am trying to upgrade from OJS3.1 to OJS3.2.

I have gotten to the stage where I needed to upgrade on the web and it reported

This page isn’t working jasrep.org is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500

The PhP ERROR output can be found here

Configure Command
‘./configure’ ‘–build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu’ ‘–host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu’ ‘–program-prefix=’ ‘–disable-dependency-tracking’ ‘–prefix=/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr’ ‘–exec-prefix=/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr’ ‘–bindir=/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/bin’ ‘–sbindir=/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/sbin’ ‘–sysconfdir=/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/etc’ ‘–datadir=/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/share’ ‘–includedir=/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/include’ ‘–libdir=/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/lib64’ ‘–libexecdir=/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/libexec’ ‘–localstatedir=/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/var’ ‘–sharedstatedir=/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/var/lib’ ‘–mandir=/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/share/man’ ‘–infodir=/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/share/info’ ‘–cache-file=…/config.cache’ ‘–with-libdir=lib64’ ‘–with-config-file-path=/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/etc’ ‘–with-config-file-scan-dir=/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/etc/php.d’ ‘–disable-debug’ ‘–with-password-argon2=/opt/cpanel/libargon2’ ‘–with-pic’ ‘–without-pear’ ‘–with-bz2’ ‘–with-freetype’ ‘–with-xpm’ ‘–without-gdbm’ ‘–with-gettext’ ‘–with-iconv’ ‘–with-jpeg’ ‘–with-openssl’ ‘–with-zlib’ ‘–with-layout=GNU’ ‘–enable-exif’ ‘–enable-ftp’ ‘–enable-sockets’ ‘–with-kerberos’ ‘–enable-shmop’ ‘–with-libxml’ ‘–with-system-tzdata’ ‘–with-mhash’ ‘–libdir=/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/lib64/php’ ‘–enable-pcntl’ ‘–enable-opcache’ ‘–enable-phpdbg’ ‘–with-imap=shared,/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr’ ‘–with-imap-ssl’ ‘–enable-mbstring=shared’ ‘–with-webp’ ‘–enable-gd=shared’ ‘–with-gmp=shared’ ‘–enable-calendar=shared’ ‘–enable-bcmath=shared’ ‘–with-bz2=shared’ ‘–enable-ctype=shared’ ‘–enable-dba=shared’ ‘–with-db4=/usr’ ‘–with-tcadb=/usr’ ‘–enable-exif=shared’ ‘–enable-ftp=shared’ ‘–with-gettext=shared’ ‘–with-iconv=shared’ ‘–enable-sockets=shared’ ‘–enable-tokenizer=shared’ ‘–with-xmlrpc=shared’ ‘–with-ldap=shared’ ‘–with-ldap-sasl’ ‘–enable-mysqlnd=shared’ ‘–with-mysqli=shared,mysqlnd’ ‘–with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock’ ‘–enable-dom=shared’ ‘–with-pgsql=shared’ ‘–enable-simplexml=shared’ ‘–enable-xml=shared’ ‘–with-snmp=shared,/usr’ ‘–enable-soap=shared’ ‘–with-xsl=shared,/usr’ ‘–enable-xmlreader=shared’ ‘–enable-xmlwriter=shared’ ‘–with-curl=shared,/opt/cpanel/libcurl’ ‘–enable-pdo=shared’ ‘–with-pdo-odbc=shared,unixODBC,/usr’ ‘–with-pdo-mysql=shared,mysqlnd’ ‘–with-pdo-pgsql=shared,/usr’ ‘–with-pdo-sqlite=shared,/usr’ ‘–with-sqlite3=shared,/usr’ ‘–enable-json=shared’ ‘–with-zip=shared’ ‘–without-readline’ ‘–with-libedit’ ‘–with-pspell=shared’ ‘–enable-phar=shared’ ‘–with-tidy=shared,/opt/cpanel/libtidy’ ‘–enable-sysvmsg=shared’ ‘–enable-sysvshm=shared’ ‘–enable-sysvsem=shared’ ‘–enable-shmop=shared’ ‘–enable-posix=shared’ ‘–with-unixODBC=shared,/usr’ ‘–enable-intl=shared’ ‘–with-enchant=shared,/usr’ ‘–enable-fileinfo=shared’ ‘build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu’ ‘host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu’ ‘PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/share/pkgconfig:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/opt/cpanel/ea-openssl11/lib64/pkgconfig:/opt/cpanel/ea-libxml2/lib64/pkgconfig:/opt/cpanel/ea-libicu/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/cpanel/ea-oniguruma/lib64/pkgconfig’ ‘CFLAGS=-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-pointer-sign’ ‘KERBEROS_CFLAGS=-I/usr/include’ ‘KERBEROS_LIBS=-L/usr/lib64’ ‘OPENSSL_CFLAGS=-I/opt/cpanel/ea-openssl11/include’ ‘OPENSSL_LIBS=-L/opt/cpanel/ea-openssl11/lib -lssl -lcrypto -lresolv’ ‘CURL_CFLAGS=-I/opt/cpanel/libcurl/include’ ‘CURL_LIBS=-L/opt/cpanel/libcurl/lib64 -lcurl’ ‘JPEG_CFLAGS=-I/usr/include’ ‘JPEG_LIBS=-L/usr/lib64 -ljpeg’ ‘CXXFLAGS=-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic’ ‘SASL_CFLAGS=-I/usr/include’ ‘SASL_LIBS=-L/usr/lib64’ ‘XSL_CFLAGS=-I/opt/cpanel/ea-libxml2/include/libxml2’ ‘XSL_LIBS=-L/opt/cpanel/ea-libxml2/lib64 -lxml2’ ‘LIBZIP_CFLAGS=-I/opt/cpanel/ea-libzip/include’ ‘LIBZIP_LIBS=-L/opt/cpanel/ea-libzip/lib64 -lzip’

Before you post your question, check out the user guides and video tutorials at PKP Docs and search the forum to see if someone else had the same question.

When you post your question give as much detail as possible, including the following:

• Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.1.2
  • Description of issue
  • Steps you took leading up to the issue
  • What you tried to resolve the issue
  • Screenshots
  • Error log messages if applicable

You can post in any language, but please note there is a Spanish OJS forum and a German category on this forum.

I updated the database and now got this error

ADOConnection._Execute(SHOW COLUMNS FROM plugin_settings LIKE ‘context_id’) % line 1217, file: [adodb.inc.php](file://home4/cytkqomy/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/adodb/adodb-php/adodb.inc.php) ADOConnection.Execute(SHOW COLUMNS FROM plugin_settings LIKE ‘context_id’, Array[1]) % line 100, file: [DAO.inc.php](file://home4/cytkqomy/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php) DAO.retrieve(SHOW COLUMNS FROM plugin_settings LIKE ?, Array[1]) % line 200, file: [Application.inc.php](file://home4/cytkqomy/public_html/classes/core/Application.inc.php) Application.getPluginSettingsContextColumnName() % line 105, file: [PluginSettingsDAO.inc.php](file://home4/cytkqomy/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginSettingsDAO.inc.php) PluginSettingsDAO.getPluginSettings(0, openaireplugin) % line 86, file: [PluginSettingsDAO.inc.php](file://home4/cytkqomy/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginSettingsDAO.inc.php)

I tried starting a fresh upgrade and have encountered this error
php tools/upgrade.php upgrade

[pre-install]

[load: upgrade.xml]

[version: 3.2.1.1]

[code: Installer Installer::checkPhpVersion]

[code: Installer Installer::migrateSubmissionCoverImages]

[data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/3.2.0_preupdate_email_templates.xml]

ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: Duplicate column name ‘email_id’

Hi @Emmanuel_Nnadi,

I believe that last message (Duplicate column name 'email_id') is showing up because you’re trying to run an upgrade on a database that’s already experienced a failed upgrade. Make sure to restore from backup before trying an upgrade again.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team