Task options not work on ojs3

hi
i updated an ojs from 2.3.7 to 3
but on some of rolls , in admin panel , task doesn’t work
provided tasks notification is correctly work

how can i fixed this?

Hi @amirhosein,

Can you describe specifically what does and doesn’t work? What behavior do you see?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

hi dear @asmecher

task in some of rolls not working

i just see loading page and nothing show to this

Hi @amirhosein,

An endless spinner generally suggests that a PHP error was encountered. Check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

hi @asmecher

this is the latest error on error log when i want open task

[16-Dec-2016 19:35:17 Asia/Tehran] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getFullName() on a non-object in /home/jidsjour/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/notification/managerDelegate/QueryNotificationManager.inc.php on line 58

Hi @amirhosein,

That suggests that there is a data error, probably something that was migrated in from your OJS 2.x installation. Try running…

SELECT nt.note_id, nt.user_id FROM notifications n JOIN queries q ON (n.assoc_type = 1048586 AND n.assoc_id = q.query_id) JOIN notes nt ON (nt.assoc_type = 1048586 AND nt.assoc_id = q.query_id) LEFT JOIN users u ON (nt.user_id = u.user_id) WHERE u.user_id IS NULL;

This will list entries from the notes table that refer to entries in the users table for which the specified user_id does not exist. You’ll need to reconcile these manually – ideally by changing the user_id values in the notes table to a user account that does exist.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher thanks a lot :slight_smile:

I have the same problem. The tasks menu shows up for some users, but not others. Running the SQL query
SELECT nt.note_id, nt.user_id FROM notifications n JOIN queries q ON (n.assoc_type = 1048586 AND n.assoc_id = q.query_id) JOIN notes nt ON (nt.assoc_type = 1048586 AND nt.assoc_id = q.query_id) LEFT JOIN users u ON (nt.user_id = u.user_id) WHERE u.user_id IS NULL;
gives an empty set / no hits.

Is there anything else to check?

Upgrade I am working with went from OJS 2.4.8 to OJS 3.1.1-4 .

Hi @randtke,

I expect you’ll see something related in your PHP error log when the browser attempts to load the task list; I’d suggest checking there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Ah, well, I checked on production and the error is there. Not on development or test, though. Is there any way to make the change through the user interface, rather than direct to the database?

Hi @randtke,

No, I’m afraid not – correcting a data error like this will mean going into the database.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Will this go away when the articles with affected notifications are finalized? Like, will it age off?

I’m looking to get a feel for the scope of the problem. I’m looking at 20 articles with notifications that are affected.

Hi @randtke,

Yes, my understanding is that this is a legacy data problem and shouldn’t need attention going forward.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

On last question: Would anything about this specific data issue interfere with an automatically generated email when an affected user clicks through something that would trigger the system sending an email? Specifically, an affected user sending an email like the automatic email that an editor can send through the OJS web interface when assigning a reviewer?

I am noticing a strange coincidence with another tech support request. But, that also might be just a coincidence.

Hi @randtke,

I’m not aware of any connection between the two – but if you’re able to put together a set of steps that repeatably demonstrates a connection, I’d be interested in trying it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi, the TASKS tab doesn’t work for me, it’s just that the download is in progress and nothing will open. There is a solution ?
Thanks in advance !