Tag-it does not split keywords when inserted from the clipboard during article submission

Hello,
Keywords should automatically split by ‘,’ when they are inserted from clipboard during article submission. In jquery.tag-it.js file there is the option for this behavior (singleFieldDelimiter: ',') but seems not to be working. any ideas?

Hi @alirezaaa,

See Resolve TagIt's keyword separator character interference (Arabic/Cyrillic) · Issue #4208 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub for some forthcoming work to replace tag-it with something else. If you have a suggestion for a good control, pop it over in that issue.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,
It seems that keyword box uses functions from pkp.min.js actually and not the jquery.tag-it.js (which is redundant). until this module is replaced, can you think of a small development in this file to split input keyword on , ?

Best,

Hi @alirezaaa,

See the suggestions over at Tag it plugin doesn't work with cyrillic 'б' letter · Issue #251 · aehlke/tag-it · GitHub.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,
this works:

this.tagInput.keyup(function(c){ var values = b.tagInput.val().split(","); if (values.length > 1) { for (var i = 0; i < values.length; i++) { b.createTag(values[i]); } } })

in OJS > 3.1.1.2 this should be added to jquery.tag-it.js file:

this.tagInput.keyup(function(event) { var values = that.tagInput.val().split(","); if (values.length > 1) { for (var i = 0; i < values.length; i++) { that.createTag(values[i]); } } }),

1 Like

Can you do a pr for that? Even though it will be replaced, I see editors paste their keywords the way you described all the time. This would be good to have for 3.1.1.5