Suggestion for impoving QuickSubmit workflow (OJS 3.2+)

First I’d like to say that I really love QuickSubmit and I use it a lot with my journals, especially because one of my project areas is migrating publications with back files from other, irregular platforms to OJS.

Two helpful improvements would be:

1. including Categories in the form
  2. being able to assign DOIs (or check a box to have a DOI assigned) through the form

When uploading back files, it’s way quicker and easier to publish the articles to an issue through the QuickSubmit form. However, the tradeoff is that I have to edit individual articles and assign the DOIs and Categories (where applicable). This a bit of a pain in 3.1-, but in 3.2+ that means creating a new version, making the edit, and unpublished the first version that came out of QuickSubmit.

3 Likes

Hi @tmrozewski,

I’ve filed the Categories element to GitHub Issues: Add categories selection to QuickSubmit plugin · Issue #6125 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I know that there is some work being done now on DOI assignment that should make it easier to quickly assign DOIs to large numbers of submissions. I think it is planned to be included with v3.3 but I think the work is just getting started now.

1 Like

I have a own version of quicksubmit that includes DOI assignment. It works if you do not use issue based variables in the suffix.
For OJS 3.1.2: Commits · ajnyga/quickSubmit · GitHub

The old PR and discussions around it: Add support for pubid plugins like DOI by ajnyga · Pull Request #20 · pkp/quickSubmit · GitHub

2 Likes

Thanks for this, Antti-Jussi. Your plugin should work for me for some of my journals. Do you have any plans to update it for 3.2?