Submissions - All Active Not Loading

If any user goes to Submissions and then All Active it just hangs saying “Loading”. Developer Tools is not showing any console errors. The error_log just shows a ton a PHP Deprecated: Non-static method warnings and a “DB Error: Out of sort memory, consider increasing server sort buffer size”.

What is a suggested sort_buffer_size for the server?

Edit 1: Ok, so I tried setting it to 2M instead of the default 32K and it’s working now, go figure. If anyone has any official recommendations or anything like that I’d love to hear.

Hi, I have the same problem, how did you solve it?

If you have access to your server go to my.cnf file and set it something like this according to your needs:
[mysqld]
sort_buffer_size = 8M
You can find more information:
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/server-system-variables.html#sysvar_sort_buffer_size

I only see a file with that name in / etc / mysql but it is not sort_buffer_size anywhere

Open my.cnf file and you will inside something like:
sort_buffer_size = 2M
and you can edit that. Please check all parameters and change. However, Please take more time to learn a bit more about that. It will pay off.

Thanks

1 Like

thank you very much…

I spent hundreds of hours learning and practiced in various contexts, environments. You do not need to be engineer of rocket science but that will help you to better focus on issue and find potential source of problem which might be quite helpful to those who are developers.

Hello all,

Does anyone know how to fix the soft_buffer_size on MySQL 8+??
We are having problems upgrading OJS 3 on a latest long support version of Linux/Ubuntu/Debian, latest PHP and MySQL 8 (latest version).

As far as we know, MySQL 8 doesn’t have that variable…

Hi @ramon,

I see you’ve also posted that question here – I’ll follow up there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team