Submission article download problem

One month previous some of the authors submission file not downloading please help me what is the solution?

Hi @sureshrijal,

What version of OJS are you using? Have you made any changes to your server environment? What happens when you try to view one of these submissions?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you for your valuable reply.

I have been using the OJS system since the year 2011. When Public Knowledge Project Team releases for the new version of OJS, I always update the old version to latest version according to OJS user guidelines. Still, I’m using 2.4.8.0 version of OJS system. Now my problem is when I try to download authors submitted article, page is going to referencing. But some latest article I can download from there.
The problem is only 2/3 weeks older articles.

Please help me looking forward to your useful response.

Thanking you.

Regards,
Suresh

Hi @sureshrijal,

Were any changes made to the system in the last month or so?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear sir,

I found some one month previous uploaded hacker file. I think the problem is website hacker. I have 6 months previous website backup file available. Now I’m trying to upgrade my website from version 2.4.8.1 to 3.0.0 but when I replace the 3.0.0 version. It’s showing some code error. At the same time when I upgrade 2.4.8.0 to 2.4.8.1 version. It was successfully upgraded. Can you please check the attached screenshot and suggest me. What is the problem to newly upgrade version.

Regards,
Suresh

Hi @sureshrijal,

It looks like you may have mixed your OJS 2.4.x code in with your OJS 3.0 code. Make sure the two stay separate – see the “Full Package” section in docs/UPGRADE.

We’re aware that a number of installations that were insecurely deployed have been attacked via malicious file uploads. (Specifically, if the files directory was left as a subdirectory of the installation directory and not protected via something like an .htaccess file – see docs/README under “Recommended Configuration” for secure ways to configure OJS.) Make sure your system is deployed safely according to those recommendations, regardless of whether you’re using OJS 2.x or OJS 3.x. If your system was attacked via another mechanism, I’d be interested to know more.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Now I have successfully upgraded my OJS 2.4.8.1 to 3.0.0. This time I have not replaced the file. Just I used my backup database and files folder. But there is some problem with my upgraded web site. When I check back issue, it’s not loading there 100 of issue in my journal website. And another problem is in the article section it’s showing all files like supplementary files. Or one more question when you release next version 3.1. I’m waiting for quick submit plugin, In the 3.0 version there is no quick submit plugin.

thanking you for your cooperation !!!

Regards,
Suresh

Hi @sureshrijal,

What do you see when you try to view the archive? For example, is the page loading but not showing the full contents, or does it fail to load, or something else? (Also check your PHP error log to see if something helpful appears there.)

The supplementary file behavior is as intended – users have often inadvertently exposed content that wasn’t supposed to be published via this mechanism in OJS 2.x. Just because e.g. the “Supplementary Files” reading tool was disabled doesn’t mean that these files weren’t published in OJS 2.x anyway via other mechanisms like OAI.

The QuickSubmit plugin is very nearly finished, and there’s no need to wait for OJS 3.0.2 or OJS 3.1 to use it – once the development has finished (I’d expect within a few weeks) you’ll be able to install the plugin into your OJS 3.0.1.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear Sir/Ma’am

Please check the attached screenshot, The problem is showing everything in the page like, Forwarding Letter Authorship, Declaration, Ethical Approval Letter we need to show just original article which in on the PDF. In my localhost there are all icons showings, but when I upload in the online there is not showing any icons. The last thing is when I tried to view full article in PDF it’s direct downloading. Not viewing on screen. Please what’s going on in my system suggest me.

Thanking you !!!

Regards,
Suresh

For the problem with Glyph icons not displaying, see this thread:

For the display of supplementary files, this is intended (but often surprising) behavior. See: