Statistics Issues in New Version

The new version seems to lack the statistics I require for reporting. Specifically, number of submissions, publications, declines, acceptances, etc. per year. It is very important that I have this information readily available for reporting. Can this issue be addressed?
Serena

2 Likes

Hi @Serena_Henderson,

OJS 3.x doesn’t currently have a place you can quickly get that information, though internal reporting is something we know we’re overdue to improve. (See e.g. our 2017 sprint report on the subject.)

In the meantime, check out the Reports (available from Tools > Report Generator). The Articles Report and Review Report in particular can be brought into a spreadsheet to extract information about annual usage.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hi Alec,

Are there any updates on these stats issues? I would even take a work-around at this point. :wink:

Serena

Hi @Serena_Henderson,

Have you looked at the various reports available as spreadsheet downloads? Working with those would be the work-around I’d recommend until something is added to the system. Alternately, if you’re handy with SQL, you could generate stats about submissions per year etc. that way.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

Thanks. I have looked at the reports and used what I can. I look forward to having the stats options from OJS2 available again. :slight_smile:
Serena