Special characters in keywords

Hi :slight_smile:
Could you help me with the following issue: I cannot add special characters (โ€œ+โ€ sign specifically) in some keywords. How can I do this?

Iโ€™m using OJS 3.3.0.8.

Hi @apla,

I tested this and was not able to replicate it. It worked fine for me.

What errors are you seeing?

-Roger
PKP Team

Thank you for the answer, maybe it is connected with the OJS version ? :thinking:

I was testing on 3.3.0-13, so I sort of doubt it as there would be minor differences between mine and yours, but, that said, it might not hurt to upgrade to the most recent version (3.3.0-13 as of today) and test to see if it works. But, as I noted, if you are seeing any specific errors and can share the details of that, we can investigate further.

-Roger
PKP Team

Yes, there seems to be such a problem in OJS 3.3.0.13.

on database

1 Like

Hi @kerimsarigul, @apla

My mistake - I hadnโ€™t checked the public view of the page. It shows up in the metadata fields, but It does indeed strip it out as you point out when you see the published version. I will follow-up with our developers on this.

-Roger
PKP Team

1 Like

Hi @kerimsarigul, @apla,

Looks like this is indeed a bug and we will be working towards a fix on it. You can follow along on the progress here: Controlled vocabularies are being URL decoded at input time ยท Issue #8511 ยท pkp/pkp-lib ยท GitHub

-Roger
PKP Team

2 Likes

Thank you a lot for looking into this:))

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.