Some help with USERS

Hi!

I have some problem with my OJS installation (3x)

I logg in with my user(admin) and work well, but when I have to Login as … The site dont work, I receive this error “##api.submissions.unknownError##”

Then, I cant do anything. Mybe is rilate with cache, because in my cellphone averything works well.

Somo idea and some help please?

Check to ensure your browser plugins aren’t blocking part of the page load. Some plugins (looking at you, AdBlockPlus and uBlock) are prone to blocking some of OJS’s internal API calls thinking they may be advertisements.

The problem happend in chrome, explorer and firefox

Probably not browser related then. Check your PHP error log for any relevant messages.

Also, what are the permissions of the user you are logging in as?

[10-Dec-2018 15:00:58 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 65
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:58 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Smarty has a deprecated constructor in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 64
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:58 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADODB_Cache_File has a deprecated constructor in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 263
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:58 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADOConnection has a deprecated constructor in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 359
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:58 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet has a deprecated constructor in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 2921
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:58 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet_array has a deprecated constructor in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 3939
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:58 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:58 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:58 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 386
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:58 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of TexturePlugin::register($category, $path) should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/texture/TexturePlugin.inc.php on line 141
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:58 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of OpenAIREDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREDAO.inc.php on line 19
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:58 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 65
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:58 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Smarty has a deprecated constructor in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 64
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:58 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADODB_Cache_File has a deprecated constructor in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 263
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:58 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADOConnection has a deprecated constructor in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 359
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:58 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet has a deprecated constructor in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 2921
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:58 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet_array has a deprecated constructor in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 3939
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:58 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:58 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:58 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 386
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:58 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of TexturePlugin::register($category, $path) should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/texture/TexturePlugin.inc.php on line 141
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:58 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of OpenAIREDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREDAO.inc.php on line 19
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:59 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of OpenAIREDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREDAO.inc.php on line 19
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:59 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADODB_Cache_File has a deprecated constructor in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 263
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:59 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADOConnection has a deprecated constructor in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 359
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:59 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet has a deprecated constructor in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 2921
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:59 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet_array has a deprecated constructor in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 3939
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:59 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 65
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:59 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of SubmissionFileDAO::fromRow($row) should be compatible with PKPSubmissionFileDAO::fromRow($row, $fileImplementation) in /home/ipao/public_html/classes/article/SubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 23
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:59 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 65
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:59 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:59 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:59 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:59 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:59 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/ipao/public_html/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 386
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:59 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of TexturePlugin::register($category, $path) should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/texture/TexturePlugin.inc.php on line 141
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:59 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of OpenAIREDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /home/ipao/public_html/plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREDAO.inc.php on line 19
[10-Dec-2018 15:00:59 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of SubmissionFileDAO::fromRow($row) should be compatible with PKPSubmissionFileDAO::fromRow($row, $fileImplementation) in /home/ipao/public_html/classes/article/SubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 23

The file is huge, but this is the last part

My user is the admin user, and the last week everything was working well

If I’m understanding correctly, things work normally as the admin user, but when you Login As another user, you receive this error. What are the roles for this other user? Does this also occur when that user logs in?

The lines starting with “PHP Warning” or “PHP Deprecated” are unlikely to be relevant. You’re looking for a PHP Error that appears around the time the problem occurs in your usage, especially if that error appears when you use the “Login As” function but doesn’t appear when you are using the site as Admin.

Have you made any upgrades or configuration changes since last week?

Yes, the problem is when I try to change from admin user to reviewer user.
I activated the debug settings to On in the config.inc.php. Now if Off, but the problem not.

I was able to “Login As” a reviewer from an admin user in my install of OJS 3.1.1-4.

To display the submissions in the Queue, OJS is making multiple AJAX (javascript) calls from the web browser to the server, using the “fetch-grid” endpoint.

You can use the Web Inspector’s (press F12) network tab from any browser to monitor these calls:

If the response is not a 200 code, you will see a related message in your PHP error log. If the response is a 200 code, but a javascript error appears on the “Console” or “Script” tab, share that error here.

1. {error: “api.submissions.403.requestedOthersUnpublishedSubmissions”,…}

2. error: “api.submissions.403.requestedOthersUnpublishedSubmissions”

3. errorMessage: “##api.submissions.403.requestedOthersUnpublishedSubmissions##”

I have this error

That hapend when I change to an other user.

Can you share a screenshot from from Network tab? I wonder if you are getting 403 errors here. If that is the case, I would check your configuration to see if mod_security is blocking the requests.

fallo10121 fallo10122
I turn off mod_security in cpanel, and is the same. not working well

Now, when I try to login whit admin user and when I am in the admin panel, and the error appears, the page shows without user. If I click on the view site tab, the site appears with another user name as a registered user.
The user that is login is davidaleval, but my user is luismurillo
fallo10123 fallo10124

I think we need to see the the network logs and PHP error logs associated with these requests.

For the network logs, press F12 to open your browser’s web inspector, then change to the “Network” tab. Refresh the page and you will see each network request. There will be many, the ones of interest are the “fetch-grid” requests. Clicking on a specific request will open details on the right.

For the error logs, look for any lines with “PHP Error” or “PHP Fatal” at the time of your test. Ignore any “PHP Warning” or “PHP Deprecated” lines.

Hi!
thank you for your response.

I dont now why, but the site is working well to day. I will by in touch if something bad happends, but thank you.
If I see some error, I will look for the network logs.

see you soon

Hi @ctgraham

I have the same issue, I have checked the Chrome console and the error is:

%5B3%5Dconsole

in the Network tab I could see this:

%5B1%5D403Forbidden

And in the Apache Log file this is the result:

%5B4%5DApacheLogFile

This could be some issue with our server’s configuration?

Unless we have recently introduced something new in the API (@NateWr would know, if so), OJS itself doesn’t respond with a 403 error. It is possible that a server configuration such as mod_security is blocking the API request with a 403 response. Do you have mod_security (or a similar firewall tool) installed on (or in front of) your server?

As far as I am aware, there is only one case in which the /submissions API endpoint returns a 403 error in any currently released version. That is if someone other than a journal manager or site admin requests the submissions without an assignedTo param with their own user ID. If this is an API response, clicking on the failed request in the Network tab should give you access to the response.

Otherwise, I think @ctgraham is most likely correct about this maybe being something in the server’s configuration.