[Solved] [OJS 3.1.1.0] "Forgot your password?" Cannot login with newly given password

Hi all,

A user of our journal forgot his password and took the following steps:

I click on the note saying ‘forgot password’

I get an email with an email with a link saying reset password .
I click on that link

This prompts a second e-mail with a new password (a mixture of letters and number)

I go to the log-in and put in my username

and the new password I’ve been sent

this takes me to a new page that says:

• put in the new password (the one I’ve been sent)

and now create a new password and repeat it.

I do this

And now I go to log in

• I type in my username

• I type the new password that I’ve invented and press log in -

but it doesn’t log in, moreover

• the username and password disappear from the box

• and I don’t actually get an error message.

Is our user doing something wrong or does someone know about this problem?

We are using OJS 3.1.1.0 and PHP 7.2

Best,

Jurry

Hi @AI_JE,

Is this issue specific to this user? And has this happened to other users previously?

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.
Public Knowledge Project Intern

Hi Patricia,

This is the first time I hear about this problem. Before there were no other users of our journal with the same problem.

The user told me today that he also tried to register using a different e-mail - creating a new profile - with a new username:
“When I pressed ‘register’ - all my writing in the box just disappeared, in the same way. I haven’t received any ‘welcome - you have been registered e-mails’, and I’ve just tried logging in with this new username/password identity - and the same problem happens again. The words just disappear from the log in and password boxes and nothing happens. (But no error message).”

Kind regards,

Jurry

Hi @AI_JE,

Thank you for the additional details. It seems that the issue is specific to this user, perhaps you could suggest that they use a different browser and see if the problem still occurs.

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.
Public Knowledge Project Intern

Hi @AI_JE,

In addition to @pmangahis’s suggestion, if you haven’t tried this yet, I’d suggest disabling session_check_ip in your config.inc.php file. If the user’s IP address keeps changing due to the specifics of their Internet connection, that could explain the behavior you’re seeing.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Dear Patricia and Alec,

I suggested our user to use a different browser. This solved the problem.

Because the problem is solved now I did not ask our adminsitrator to change session_check_ip in our config.inc.php file. I cannot do this myself as a journal manager. So we did not check this suggestion.

We are very happy that the problem is solved now.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kind regards,

Jurry

1 Like

I am trying to reset password for (ADMIN ), but I am not receiving password on my registered email id.
Please help me.c1

I am trying to reset the password for (ADMIN ), but I am not receiving password on my registered email id.
Please help me.