[solved] Invalid discussion error when uploading files in OMP discussion

Hello

I’ve just upgraded OMP to 3.3.0-5 on a Debian 10.9 server with PHP 7.3.27-1 and Apache 2.4.38. Now when users try to upload files in discussions, they get a popup saying “Invalid discussion”. I’ve used the browser tools to see what communication there is between the client and server, and this request returns the JSON containing the error message:

https://www.example.com/omp/SAET/$$$call$$$/wizard/file-upload/file-upload-wizard/upload-file?submissionId=29&stageId=1&fileStage=18&reviewRoundId=&assocType=520&assocId=45

{"status":false,"content":"Invalid discussion.","elementId":"0","events":null}

It is possible to upload initial documents at the start of a submission, so I don’t think there is a file permissions problem on the server. And I can’t see anything in the user roles that would allow/prohibit uploading files in discussions.

If anyone has experienced this and has a solution, I’d be very grateful. I see that there are other older posts about uploading discussion files, but with different errors and much older versions.

Thanks.

Swithun.

Hello

I solved this myself. I had a template in my theme which needed updating to the new OMP version.

Swithun.

1 Like