OJS 3.1.1-4, upgraded from 2.4.8. If I open my user Dashboard, I get “Loading” at the top of the page. If I choose Identity, Contact, Roles, etc I get:
Any ideas what’s wrong? I did a test upgrade a few weeks back, and then it worked.
If I rename OJS directory from /var/www/html/ojs to /var/www/html/ojs3 (i.e. the directory where the first upgrade was done), then it works. I deleted cache directories. Searched for file contents “/var/www/html/ojs” - nothing found.
Seems to work now when renamed directory again. I don’t know what was wrong before.
Edit: no, still hangs, but works if I make /var/www/html/ojs3 (old original directory) symlink to /var/www/html/ojs (the new renamed directory) and open the old URL https://…/ojs3. The new URL https://…/ojs still hangs.
DocumentRoot was OK:
But thank you for the hint, I had the following section just below DocumentRoot:
Deny from All
Allow from None
Commenting it out helped. It was done for OJS2 for security reasons.
Nothing serious, just to be safe. It was recommended to me by a member of university security team. This setup worked quite OK with OJS2, but now I see that not everything was OK, and commenting out helped with OJS2 too.