[SOLVED] Disabled blocks are the ones showing on sidebar customization

In my OJS3 installation, when configuring the webpage, sidebar section, the only two blocks plugins available area “information block” and “make a new submission block”. Curiously, going to the plugins tab, these two blocks are disabled. And other blocks, like the language choosing block, that area active, aren’t available to add to the sidebar.

Did some more tests. Enabled the information block in the plugins tab. It is no longer available to be added to the Sidebar. And it doesn’t appear in the website at all. Disabling it, it is available to be added to the sidebar, and if I add it, it shows where it should.

It almost makes me think I should disable all plugins to have them working (kidding!).

Updated to 3.1, and it looks exactly the same.

Hi!
I noticed in OMP3.1.1 that if keyword cloud block selected then all other blocks disappear from the front end. and if keyword cloud plugin unselected then other blocks works as expected. May be same issue in OJS3.1.1 too.

Thanks for the idea, but unfortunately it seems there isns’t a keyword cloud block, so, not a solution.

This one is driving me nuts.

See below the page for configuring the sidebar, and which items are activated. Weeeeeeird.

Screenshot%20from%202018-04-13%2017-48-53Screenshot%20from%202018-04-13%2017-50-37

Hi @ambs,

Is this an installation that was upgraded from OJS 2.x to an early release of OJS 3.x? Check in the plugin_settings to see what setting_value you have for setting_name='context' for the misbehaving plugins. It should be 1. (If you have to change it, make sure you also remove cache/*.php to cause the settings cache to get rebuilt.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hi, @asmecher,

You mean directly in the database, right? Just to be sure I am looking to the correct place…
Thanks

OK, 2 for them all, except one. Can I change them all to 1?

Hi @ambs,

Yes, go for it. The upgrade procedure takes care of this automatically in more recent releases. (Take a backup before tinkering with the DB directly, of course.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

:heart: :heart: :heart: JOY :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thank you!

– would love to mark your answer as the correct one, but can’t see where that is done.