Site not working due to PHP upgrade from 7.2 to 7.3

Dear Support Team,

I have been using OJS at www.librarywaves.com but my host provider asked to upgrade the PHP 7.2 to PHP 7.3
Now when I upgraded, I get the following error and site is not functional. Please assist.

[18-Apr-2021 02:35:37 UTC] PHP Warning: Version warning: Imagick was compiled against Image Magick version 1650 but version 1654 is loaded. Imagick will run but may behave surprisingly in Unknown on line 0
[18-Apr-2021 02:35:37 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Smarty has a deprecated constructor in /home/librazxb/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 64
[18-Apr-2021 02:35:37 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADODB_Cache_File has a deprecated constructor in /home/librazxb/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 263
[18-Apr-2021 02:35:37 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADOConnection has a deprecated constructor in /home/librazxb/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 359
[18-Apr-2021 02:35:37 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet has a deprecated constructor in /home/librazxb/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 2921
[18-Apr-2021 02:35:37 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet_array has a deprecated constructor in /home/librazxb/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 3939
[18-Apr-2021 02:35:37 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/librazxb/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php:456
Stack trace:
#0 /home/librazxb/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php(558): ADODB_mysql->_connect(‘localhost’, ‘librazxb_ojs392’, ‘5S8.pdL8!Y’, ‘librazxb_ojs392’)
#1 /home/librazxb/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php(144): ADOConnection->Connect(‘localhost’, ‘librazxb_ojs392’, ‘5S8.pdL8!Y’, ‘librazxb_ojs392’, false)
#2 /home/librazxb/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php(119): DBConnection->connect()
#3 /home/librazxb/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php(76): DBConnection->initConn()
#4 /home/librazxb/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php(52): DBConnection->initDefaultDBConnection()
#5 /home/librazxb/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php(220): DBConnection->__construct()
#6 /home/librazxb/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(166): DBConnection::getInstance()
#7 /home/librazxb/p in /home/librazxb/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 456

Please provide assistance for which I will be highly obliged.

Thanks
DP Tripathi

Hello Tipathi

Make sure you have configured the config.inc.php file for the [database] driver parameter to mysqli. If it is already configured, but you still have such an error, make sure on php7.3 the MySQL extension already installed (contact your server administrator for installing this extension).

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.