Site CSS is included in journals

Hello there,

I’ve discovered a problem (OJS 3.1.1.4) and I am not sure, if this behaviour is intentional. If I upload a stylesheet to the main site, it is included in all journals (it is uploaded to public/site/sitestyle.css). But I only want it to affect the main page. Is this a bug or is it supposed to work this way?

Kind regards
Daniela

Hi @UBWolf,

I am quite sure that is by intention. That is the same as in OJS2. If you want to change the layout of certain journal, you have to create a css for it.

Best regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

thanks for the reply. We already have a css for every journal and it works very well. But the sitestyle.css is applied as well, which means the the journal stylesheets are overwritten. So there is no way to apply a stylesheet for the main page without affecting all journals.
I just don’t understand why customizing the main page should affect all journals.

So I guess the only way is to create a theme for the main page? As far as I can see a different theme does not affect the journals.

Kind regards
Daniela

1 Like

Hi @UBWolf,

I have not tested that on OJS3, but if this is true, that is a bug. The journal specific css should override the site css.

Best regards, Primož

I have the same problem. Each journal has a styleSheet, but if I upload a styleSheet a the main site this applied at all journals.

Hello!

Just ran into this problem in 3.3.0.6. Would be great to not have to edit the site theme for small changes.

/Magnus