Sharing Reviewer's File

Hi Alec and other OJS team member @asmecher, @bozana , @israel.cefrin , @astevens , @ajnyga

We have some question or maybe feature request :slight_smile:

1: when a submission passed from round 1 to round 2, reviewers from round 1 complete the reviewer form and maybe they uploaded a new file that called reviewer files response, at the round 2, the final reviewer needs to review all of the reviewer form from the previous round and some times the reviewer from previous round put his comments on the submission file, so the final reviewer need to watch reviewer form and the reviewer file from the previous round, please share your comment about this subject :slight_smile:

2: Is it possible to add ratio and point to the reviewer form ? till at the end of completing reviewer form,the editor get a score from reviewer ? i mean when create reviewer form add 2 elements on each item, ratio and point, for example at the last reviewing, the editor get 80% score or 40% score of this submission.

Thank you for the kind updates. I and all colleagues of PKP OJS are long waiting for the release of PKP OJS new version. I would be very highly interested in your gratitude.

Thanks in advance

Is there anybody here?
Please help me

Hi @mbabaei,

1. Have you considered using Section Editors rather than Reviewers for this case? There’s an option in recent releases of OJS to allow Section Editors to only make recommendations, rather than recording decisions, about a submission. This would probably give you the tools you’re looking for.

2. I’m not sure I fully follow, but have you explored the review forms capabilities in OJS? This allows you to design your own form, including radio buttons, drop-downs, etc. These can be assigned to the review when they are available.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear @asmecher
for subject 1:
I know this option but my major due to when review round 1 completed and all reviewers answered the review forms,now editor wants start a new review round (that mean review round 2 starts here and the editor decision is Revision Request !)
so at this round final reviewer wants to check whether the comments from other reviewers of the preceding stage or round have been understood by the author to make the desired changes correctly.
for this propose he need the all previous reviewers file till after reading all of them and revision of submission that sent by author, completing the final reviewing process.

2:Yes, I worked very much with OJS forms and I am very much fluent on this part.
I wanted to add two items for the coefficient and score for each item in reviewer’s question form to get at the end of the form a score based on the coefficient of questions and privileges.

Thanks For your response

Hi @mbabaei,

1. I think I misunderstood your original question. So if I understand it now, you’re looking for a way to give reviewers access to their review content from previous rounds, correct? If so, I believe this is filed/discussed here: Reviewers should view their comments from previous rounds of review process · Issue #4284 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

2. I’m afraid I’m still not following; can you describe in more detail (and possibly visually)?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Hi @asmecher
1: Yes, you right, I’ve done this pretty much and it’s over and the only problem is the reviewers’ access to the files of the other reviewers is my problem, I would be happy if you have a suggestion to share with me about this

2: i attached this image as you can see, each question has weight and each response item has ratio or score so when reviewers select one item of response element the score of that multiple on question weight and the result is score or grade of question :slight_smile:
Screenshot

Hi @mbabaei,

1. I’m not sure it’s a good idea in general to grant reviewers access to other reviewers’ contents and still think the Section Editor role is best for this. But in any case, the access policy that selectively grants permission to download workflow files is implemented here: lib/pkp/classes/security/authorization/SubmissionFileAccessPolicy.inc.php
  2. Ah, I see. This isn’t something I’ve heard requests for before, but if you’re interested in coding it, I could review a pull request.

Regards,
Alec Smecher