Separators between journals on front page

Hello all,

We host all our own journals, but on the front page they are spaced too closely making it hard to see which links go to which journal. Where is the spacing between journals defined?

Best regards
Geir Rosset
Oslo
Norway

Hi @geirrosset,

Sorry for the technical answer, I think that there is no easier way to do what you want.

You can create a custom css file to implement this specific style you need and upload it at the site settings option, under the site administration page.

In your case, I think you would need to target the h3 elements, but only the ones that are inside the site index page, so you could increase their top margins. You can target specific pages elements using the body id, each body element on every OJS page receives an id equals to the page title.

I didn’t tested, maybe other pages would be affected by the change, even if you use the body id, but I would try this approach first.

If it doesn’t work, you can always manually edit the template file that implements the journal listing, which is this one: ojs/site.tpl at ojs-stable-2_4_8 · pkp/ojs · GitHub

Cheers,
Bruno