Sending PDF attachment with Review Acknowledgment Email

Hi,
Referring to regular feature of ‘Email acknowledgment’ sent to reviewer on completion of article review, I want to include a PDF attachment with the same text going within email body. Is it possible?
I am using version 2.2.2.0

Thanks,
Kashif

Hi @mailmirza,

You should be able to manually attach a PDF, if you’re writing the document on your own desktop machine. But that’s a very, very old version of OJS and I’d strongly suggest that you upgrade.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi, I have a similar question: In our Policies >> Review Guidelines section, I’m trying to link to a PDF version of the guidelines, but I can figure out where the PDF should be uploaded to, and how to link to it. Is this possible?

Thank you!

Hi @au8476,

That’s a different question – but I’d suggest looking e.g. at this thread: http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14167

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you so much!!!

Thanks Asmecher, yes manual attachment is always an option. However there are some journals who give download link for auto-customized article-specific acknowledgment letters. Interestingly the letter (PDF) also contains the letter head and footer of Journal as well.
This feature gives a flexibility and ease to reviewers to view and download all there acknowledgment letters (PDF) from their log-in home page. On the other side, Editors then will not spend time in issuing acknowledgement letter for each and every reviewer.
My suggestion, if possible , please include this feature in future version

Thanks for pointing out version, Assuming this feature is not available in other successive version, I am looking forward to V 3.0, as and when it gets available.

Hi, Alec - @asmecher,

In the old version of OJS, we used to email PDF statements to reviewers after the evaluation was completed. But now the system only allows sending attachments in image format to them.
Is there another way to attach PDF to emails for reviewers?
Will the PKP team add sending other extensions to email attachments?

Kind regards,
Laeticia

Hi @ELBC,

There isn’t a general feature to permit attachments to be added to emails, but it is something we’ve had requests for, and I hope we’ll add it to a future release. However, it’s currently not scheduled for a specific release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher