Sending custom e-mail to all reviewers

Hi
This is a similar question to Sending email to all reviewers, but in my case I am in OJS 3. Is there any way to send a specific e-mail to all reviewers? Basically, given there isn’t a Bidding feature yet, I wanted to share a good Forms with the reviewers…

In case there isn’t such a thing, what is the proper way to find out the reviewer emails from the database?

Thank you
Alberto

Hi @ambs,

I don’t know how to implement it in OJS, just want to comment the DB question. To get the reviewers emails you have to look in the table roles to get users ID with the reviewer role and then in the table users to get emails of the users.

Regards, Primož

Hi, @primozs, I need a little more information. The table roles is already a mapping from role to user, but I couldn’t find the table that stores the role data (so I can guess what role ID I should look for). Can you give me some hint?
Thanks

Hi @ambs,

I think the reviewers role ID is 4096

Regards, Primož

1 Like

Hi

This query:

select * from roles inner join users using(user_id) where roles.role_id = 4096;

returns 43 rows, but if I query OJS for all the users with a reviewer role, I get 52 hits.
It is true that these 43 are reviewers, but some are missing.
Any idea why?

Thank you
Alberto

Hi

I found some spam users, as well as non spam users, with the check box on ‘reviewer’ but I never added them as such.
Probably because there is a “reviewer opt in” option.
While the option is nice, having them listed as reviewers, is not a good option (at least until the editor confirms the optin).
What am I missing?

I suspect the roles table is no longer used. Can someone correct me?

Hi @ambs,

Hm, could be. What you can do is to look at the users/reviewers that teh query doesn’t find, but OJS finds them. Lookk for the diferences between them in the DB and see how to change the query.

Regards, Primož