Send submission only when upload all files required

Send submission only when upload all files required

Application Version: 3.2.1.1

Description of issue: Hi, I have a client with the next problem. The authors must be send 3 files minimum to submission: article file, author page and originality declaration, but OJS don’t force to authors to send all. So many authors (approx. more of 50%) only submit the article file and forget the others. So after, in the review process the editors contact with the author to remember this file, this is uncomfortable, especially for external editors.

Solution: It would be great if in the settings of components article (Route: Settings>Workflow>Submissions>Components) have a check option to make obligatory upload the file and not permit submission until that is upload.

Screenshots: This is a screenshot of settings for component article. I think in checkbox option “Obligatory during submission”.

Captura de pantalla de 2020-10-28 13-07-07

If this solution it’s not possible, what other alternatives are recommended for this requirement?.

Best regards.

Hi @dmorales,

This is one of those requirements where no two publishers are likely to agree on a single policy, and adding options for each will quickly lead the setup forms to become unwieldy. The best solution, I think, would be for third-party plugins to implement additional requirements.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team