Section Editor Permission Error

Hi
When editor assign a section editor for submission, and enable “This participant is only allowed to recommend an editorial decision …” in this Assignment privileges box, its mean he want limit section editor activities
but when section editor click on submission he could assign or remove another section editor , and i found that he could also remove Editor in “Participants” box, and i believe that is a big security problem !

please share your idea about this subject

Hi @mbabaei,

I don’t see that as a security problem – can you expand on it?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

@asmecher Normally, a section editor can not manage assigned people.
It is very strange that a section editor can remove a editor or other people and choose another person.
As OJS will only be able to access the articles in the sidebar options for section editor role’s and the user management option with other sidebar items are not enabled for him.

Hi @mbabaei,

The “Discussions” tool (available on every stage) is intended to mimic threaded email conversations involving a mix of the people working on the submission. I would be worried about locking down too much of the recipient controls, or users may simply go to real email conversations in order to do what they want (leading to part of the discussion not being captured within OJS).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like