Search page blank OJS-2.4.7.-1

After installation of OJS-2.4.7-1 by upgrading from OJS-2.3.7 the Search link produces blank page.
The error found in the Error_log file is the following:

Message: USER WARNING: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "search/search.tpl"
** n file: /home/iapchemo/public_html/pub/ojs247/lib/pkp/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php
** At line: 1093**
** Stacktrace: **
** Server info:**
** PHP Version: 5.3.29**
** Apache Version: N/A**
** DB Driver: mysql**
**** DB server version: 5.5.47-cll****

I would appreciate any suggestion !

Hi @zmandic,

Can you check if the file templates/search/search.tpl exists? It should be included in the OJS 2.4.7-1 codebase. (If this file is missing, I’d suggest reviewing your upgrade method – if one file is missing, others may also be missing, and it’s better to resolve that while the details are fresh in your mind.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec,

Thank you very much for your response.

Yes, you are right, search.tpl is missing. We also compared our templates/search folder with the same folder in OJS2.4.6 and found that we have only 5 five files in that folder comparing to 2.4.6 version which has 7.

It looks like I messed up with the installation. However, I am not sure how.

At this moment I would avoid reinstalling it from the beginning. The reasons are: (i) I am afraid we will lose something during reinstallation since for unknown reasons our old version OJS-2.3.7 lost some functionalities during installation of OJS2.4.7-1; (ii) we have our own website styling design which was made by the developer and which should be also done from beginning, (iii) I am now totally confused and I do not know how to do reinstall OJS2.4.7-1 over the same OJS2.4.7.-1 version.

I do appreciate your response very much. Thank you in advance!
Regards,
Zoran

Hi Alec,

what would be your suggestion?

Regards,
Zoran

Hi @zmandic,

All is not lost, either for preserving your existing content or carrying across your modifications. My recommended process for upgrading is written up here:

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team