RSS feed generate for current and archived issues

Hi @joapreditor,

What directory is the plugin installed in? (i.e. what directory below plugins/generic?)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

hi @asmecher
all the files were extracted automatically into webfeed folder.

plugins/generic/webfeed

Hi @joapreditor,

Is that webfeed or webFeed? Depending on your OS, capitalization is important.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

hello @asmecher
it is webFeed

Hi @joapreditor,

Have you tried registering the plugin with the system as I recommended above?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

hi @asmecher

I have tried to upload the plugin and got an error message as explained earlier with screenshots. I am no idea of codes. You also have suggesting running some commands. I do not idea about that

Hi @joapreditor,

Where did you get the webFeed.tar.gz file you tried uploading via the web interface?

Unfortunately I canā€™t help with the basics of running command line tools ā€“ you might need to do some general reading around how to do this.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

hello @asmecher
I have converted webFeed folder in OJS 3.0.2 setup into tar.gz archive and uploaded it. webFeed folder was available in plugins/generic folder of OJS 3.0.2 setup

Hi @joapreditor,

Does it contain a webFeed folder with all the plugin contents there?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

hi @asmecher

it contains 10 items. I am attaching screenshots of webFeed folder contents. Hope this will be beneficial for you

Hi @joapreditor,

The .tar.gz file needs to contain plugin files in a subdirectory named after the plugin (webFeed in this case). Look at other plugins for an example. Releases Ā· asmecher/hypothesis Ā· GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher

hello @asmecher
I did that and installed plugin. Still I did not got what I wish to. I am sharing a link of journal. You can see rss and atom link in that journal which was following lower version of OJS. I wish to get that kind of link in my journal too.

http://www.journals.aiac.org.au/index.php/IJELS

My current setting of web feed plugin is

hello @asmecher, @NateWr

Is this something to do with theme that I am using? I am using OJS 3.0.2 and bootstrap 3 theme (Journal). I found a link of journal showing RSS and Atom in this home page. I am trying to achieve the same thing

http://jnma.com.np/jnma/index.php/jnma/about

Thanks

Hi @joapreditor,

These links are a ā€œSidebar Blockā€. In addition to configuring the settings, you may also need to add the Sidebar Block under Settings > Website > Appearance > Sidebar Management. But Iā€™m not certain.

Nate

@asmecher @NateWr

Thank you for your kind support and help. I have resolved the issue with the help of following post from @asmecher earlier.

Thanks a lot again

Hello, @asmecher @
I have generated RSS Feeds manually. I have required under blow fields in the database. Please guide me the table name and column.

<Article title <link <pubDate <author <description <volume <number <startingPage <endingPage <doi prefix <DOI URL

Thanks

Hi @shahidasghar90,

Could you post your question as a new topic rather than reopening an old thread? Also include which of our applications youā€™re using, what version, and more generally what youā€™re trying to accomplish.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like