Reviewer forgot to upload files before recording recommendation

Hello
a reviewer “forgot” to upload the files which contain the notes to the article submitted. Unfortunatelly she entered her recommendation. Is there a way for the editor to re-open the process so that the reviewer can upload her file?

Thank you very much
LED

Hi @ledadmin,

The only way to do this is by editing the review assignment in the database. Alternately, you could create a new round of review, assign the reviewer to it, and request them to re-review the submission.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you Alec,
we managed to edit the assignment in the database! Problem solved! :grinning:

How to do this this (edit the assignment in the database) ?

If you are comfortable with SQL, you can access your database from a command line client, or from a tool such as phpMyAdmin. In the OJS database, you’ll find a review_assignments table, which describes the status of each review assignment as:

mysql> describe review_assignments;
+------------------------+------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field                  | Type       | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
| review_id              | bigint(20) | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| submission_id          | bigint(20) | NO   | MUL | NULL    |                |
| reviewer_id            | bigint(20) | NO   | MUL | NULL    |                |
| competing_interests    | text       | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| regret_message         | text       | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| recommendation         | tinyint(4) | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| date_assigned          | datetime   | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| date_notified          | datetime   | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| date_confirmed         | datetime   | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| date_completed         | datetime   | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| date_acknowledged      | datetime   | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| date_due               | datetime   | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| date_response_due      | datetime   | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| last_modified          | datetime   | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| reminder_was_automatic | tinyint(4) | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| declined               | tinyint(4) | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| replaced               | tinyint(4) | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| cancelled              | tinyint(4) | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| reviewer_file_id       | bigint(20) | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| date_rated             | datetime   | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| date_reminded          | datetime   | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| quality                | tinyint(4) | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| review_round_id        | bigint(20) | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| stage_id               | tinyint(4) | NO   |     | 1       |                |
| review_method          | tinyint(4) | NO   |     | 1       |                |
| round                  | tinyint(4) | NO   |     | 1       |                |
| step                   | tinyint(4) | NO   |     | 1       |                |
| review_form_id         | bigint(20) | YES  | MUL | NULL    |                |
| unconsidered           | tinyint(4) | YES  |     | NULL    |                |

(or similar)

Thank you Graham,

Yes I already came to this view using phpMyAdmin. But what to change in this database if I want to, as Editor or Journal manager or login as Reviewer, upload a forgotten file on behalf reviewer.

Romy

@reprabowo,

I ran into the same problem yesterday in our OJS 2.4.5. I have started by manually adding a new entry to the article_files table:

+---------+----------+----------------+-----------------+------------+-------------------+-----------------+-----------+--------------------------------------+------------+----------+---------------------+---------------------+-------+----------+
| file_id | revision | source_file_id | source_revision | article_id | file_name         | file_type       | file_size | original_file_name                   | file_stage | viewable | date_uploaded       | date_modified       | round | assoc_id |
+---------+----------+----------------+-----------------+------------+-------------------+-----------------+-----------+--------------------------------------+------------+----------+---------------------+---------------------+-------+----------+
|    1192 |        1 |           NULL |            NULL |        124 | 124-1192-1-RV.pdf | application/pdf |     49313 | Original_filename_of_review.file.pdf |          2 |        1 | 2017-04-25 22:13:47 | 2017-04-25 22:13:47 |     2 |     NULL |
+---------+----------+----------------+-----------------+------------+-------------------+-----------------+-----------+--------------------------------------+------------+----------+---------------------+---------------------+-------+----------+```

The second step is to upload the file where OJS will look for it: For the above mentioned submission ID 124, the file has to be placed into ojs_files/journals/<journal_id>/articles/124/submission/review/124-1192-1-RV.pdf.

The third step is to set reviewer_file_id in review_assigments table to the file ID, i.e. 1192.

I am only guessing on some values of the record, luckily for the same article this was the second review with a file attached so I have simply copied info from the other attached review file. I have no clue whether the file_stage value is correct, for the first review round both the reviewed article version and the first attached review file the file_stage is set to 2, for the second review round the review article version has that value set to 3. I have no time to check the sources now, so be warned that my changes could have introduced an inconsistency that could cause problems when upgrading to new OJS version.

Thank you very much JPRK !

table review_assignments → search review_id and submission_id → change value (NULL) : recommendation, date_completed,date_acknowledge → contact reviewer (upload file) CMIIW

1 Like