Review form problem : mail is not sent to the author

Hello,

I created a review form, I notice a bug : the email with the elements of the review form is never sent to the author of the submission, even if I check the checkbox “included in message to author”,

I don’t really understand the purpose of this checkbox "“included in message to author”, what it is supposed to do ?
To send an email to the author which contains the elements of the form ?
To hide the element to the author when he will read the review on the site ?

Thanks

Hi,

If you as an editor receive the reviews and the go on to make a decision, for example Request revisions, you will see a button in that form that you can use to paste all review content to the email that you will send to the author. The content that is pasted there is the content that you have defined as visible for authors. Note that as an editor you can still revise the text and the author will not see the original.

In open review the author will see the content of the review as soon as the reviewer submits the review. In these cases the author only sees the content that is marked as visible for the author. Not the content meant for the editor.

Hello Ajnyga

In open review the author will see the content of the review as soon as the reviewer submits the review. In these cases the author only sees the content that is marked as visible for the author. Not the content meant for the editor.

this part doesn’t work as expected (OJS 3.1.1 and also 3.1.2 version ), I tried and I notice that the author can still read the entire review form when he logs in the site (review tab), this doesn’t seem normal because the checkbox "included in message to author” was not checked for some elements during the creation of the review form,

so I still don’t understand the purpose of the checkbox ""included in message to author”, what I want is that if this checkbox is checked for an element then the author should be able to access and read this element when he clicks on the link “read the review”, and in the same logic if the checkbox is not checked then the author should not be able to read the elements where the checkbox has not been checked,

currently in the last version of OJS the author can access to the entire review form (when the review is done in open mode), even if the checkbox “included in the message of the author” was not checked during the creation of the review form

for the bug mentioned here, see [OJS] Review form problem : authors can always see the entire review form · Issue #4602 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub