Review form issues

We have created a Review form. It looks okay when the journal manager looks at it but our reviewers are not seeing the values in the drop down boxes.

We are running ojs-3.0.2.

Thanks

Hi @larryhansard,

Note that there is a related issue you may want to patch: [OJS] Add reviews to email button selects the wrong option for radio buttons in some cases · Issue #2437 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

If that doesn’t resolve the issue, can you describe in more detail, possibly with a screenshot or two?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec, I’ve created a test journal to show you. Here is what we are seeing. None of the values are showing up in the drop down box. When we click on the drop down, it displays “This field is required”. Thanks – Larry

Review Files

Name Component
712-1 Journal manager, 256-711-1-SM.docxhttp://libjournals.mtsu.edu/index.php/test/$$$call$$$/api/file/file-api/download-file?fileId=712&revision=1&submissionId=256&stageId=3 Article Text
ReviewEnter (or paste) your review of this submission into the form below.

enter your answer here

This field is required.
UploadUpload files you would like the editor and/or author to consult, including revised versions of the original review file(s).?

Hi @larryhansard,

I think your message got a little garbled – could you review it and use the quoting/preformatted text tools as needed, or post screenshots instead?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I’ve attached screen shots.

Hi @larryhansard,

Attached files won’t get posted on the forum – try logging into the forum via your web browser and posting them there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @larryhansard,

Just to clarify, have you confirmed that the dropdowns in the reviewer screenshot are empty? Are they disabled (i.e. will clicking on them have any action at all)? Did you try applying the patch linked above?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @larryhansard,

Just to add: I found another related issue that you should try patching. Dropdown controls in review forms present the wrong options · Issue #2215 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher

?Hi Alec, where is the patch? I’m not seeing any code on the link that you sent. Thanks – Larry

Hi @larryhansard,

Sorry, my mistake – that second issue is already resolved in OJS 3.0.2. Did you manage to patch the first one? The patch is here (apply it in the lib/pkp subdirectory): https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/commit/d2f3845216003e014630fb353d0be1772fb0d624.diff

Regards,
Alec Smecher