Restricted access to content of a particular period in OJS

Hi,

I want to have restricted access to content of a particular period in OJS, say I want to give access to the content from 2010 to 1014 only not the recent. How can I do this in OJS, please help me. I am currently using OJS 2.4.7.0 version.

Many thanks

Mallikarjun

Hi @mallikarjun,

OJS supports a subscription model whereby individuals and institutions with a valid subscription have access to all published content in a journal. Subscription content cannot be restricted to a single year or range.

Cheers,
Michael

Hello Michael,

Thanks for the clarification. Since our university journal “Indian Journal of Social Work” is subscription based, we wanted to have a different subscription model for archival content like commercial publishers do. Please do let me know if there are any plans to introduce the third subscription model where access to content can be restricted to single year or range of years.

Hi @mallikarjun,

We haven’t seen much interest in the sort of model that you describe for academic journals and at this time we do not plan to include support for this subscription model. Unfortunately our resources are limited and priority is given to feature requests that will benefit a significant proportion of the user community.

The existing functionality within OJS, which includes individual and institutional subscriptions, support for delayed open access and article processing fees, as well as article and issue purchase options, provides a diverse array of support options for academic journals.

Cheers,
Michael

Thanks Michael,

however, I need to find out some ways to address this issue. where can i get more details on article and issue purchase option.

Mallikarjun

Hi @mallikarjun,

Please see the OJS documentation, specifically the sections on payments and subscriptions.

Cheers,
Michael

Thanks Michael.

I will go through the OJS Documentation. Thanks for taking time to answer my queries.

Mallikarjun