Registration emails not going

In my OJS 3.0.2 site all mails are going but not first time registration mails. not sure what to do.
any help plz

Hi @HiTeach2,

Are you creating users’ accounts for them and expecting an email to be sent, or is this when users themselves register for the site?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

As in all sites, who ever registers first time a mail should go with
username and pw to the registered email as a very first communication right?
When an editor or someone register for somebody else, there is a welcome
email which works at present.
The issue is when user himself registers, isnt he supposed to recieve a
welcome email?
Thanks

Hi @HiTeach2,

When users self-register, there is not currently a confirmation email; there is an optional validation process you could enable that requires accounts to be validated by email (see config.inc.php) but I’m not sure that’s what you want. Note that emailing credentials (e.g. passwords) is not a good idea security-wise.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Oh I see…thnks for straight answer. I saw an email template for this purpose so was under the impression that email be sent.
I will try at least validating through email which is a step close. I will try to configure n let u know. thanks

Hi @HiTeach2,

If you’re referring to USER_REGISTER, that’s for use when the account is created by someone else e.g. a journal manager.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi
Thanks
I got it. I could not get this info from the documentation.
Thnks a lot.

Oops again setting validation=On breaks and returns an empty page!

Since this new issue doesn’t directly relate to the original question, it might be best to post this as a new topic. Please include details of what the change looked like, before and after, what page(s) broke, and what messages you see in the error log.