Re-upgrading just the OJS data?

We are currently using OJS 2.3.3.2 in production, and I’ve been tasked with upgrading to the latest 3.x version and also migrating to a new server and OS. I first installed OJS 2.3.3.2 on the new server and successfully migrated the database and files from production to it.

I then upgraded OJS 2.3.3.2 on the new server to OJS 2.4.8.3, in preparation for upgrading to the latest OJS 3.x, which is my next step. Before this final step, I learned that the data on the 2.3 production server has since changed drastically enough that I need to re-migrate it, but I’ve already upgraded the new server to 2.4 and production is 2.3.

So my question is, what would be the best way for me to re-migrate the database and files from production version 2.3.3.2 to the new server that’s on 2.4.8.3? Can I just migrate the data then run only the .sql schemas to re-upgrade the database and leave OJS alone? Or should I re-migrate the database and files from 2.3 to 2.4, then flag OJS 2.4 as not installed and re-run the entire upgrade process from 2.3 to 2.4?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

An update to this… it did not go well trying to use a 2.3.3.2 database on 2.4.8.3 and then trying to reupgrade just the database to 2.4.8.3. I ended up just starting over fresh, installing 2.3.3.2, remigrating the data, then upgrading to 2.4.8.3 before 3.1.1-2.