Publishing issue spinner spinning forever

I am using OJS 3.01 and I am trying to publish issue with 16 articles .When I confirmed publishing of issue spinner spinns forever (more than 90 minutes so far)

I clicked Cancel and I got pop up window which said that there was problem with Ajax JSON. I clicked on published issues and noticed that my issue is actually published. So, spinning was rather consequence of I guess, ajax error than issue being not published.
Please advise.

Hi @vvucic,

An endless spinner almost always corresponds to an entry in your PHP error log – check there for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Maybe this can help

Hi @vvucic,

It looks from those messages like you have a file permissions problem in templates/t_compile. I’d suggest removing all .php files from that directory, ensuring that the permissions on the directory are correct (e.g. that they permit OJS to maintain files there), and watching to see if the files are re-generated as they’re required.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I emptied cache from the administrator panel and it works fine so far. I am not sure why those permissions are eventually changed or being problematic since I did not interfere with that folder at all.

One way that you can mistakenly alter the permissions on these cache files is to run the upgrade script from the command line as yourself rather than as the web user. I’ve accidentally done that a few times.

Everything worked fine for many days without my intervening in that folder at all. However, I have done upgrade via web interface, not by using command line.