Problems with sending review results to authors

Hi there and thanks in advance for your help,

being both journal manager and editor(ial assistant) to a journal new in OJS, I encounter the following problems:

We are using a review form for our reviews but despite the function of “import review”; I don’t succeed in importing any reviews to be sent back to the authors. I need to manually download them, turn them into a PDF and attach them to the e-mail.
However, I then try to send the message - and it never reaches the authors. I received feedback that the messages didn’t show up in the spam folder neither.

What is happening here, am I doing something wrong? And if so, what?

Thanks again for your support and kind regards!

Hi @Student_Journal,

When creating the review form, did you flag the elements as available to the authors? If not, then the “import reviews” button won’t include them.

As for email delivery, there are a number of threads in the forum with information on how to start debugging; have a look and see if those are useful.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec,

thanks a lot - is it possible to change flagging the review form elements even after the forms are activated? As far as I know, no later changes can be made… I assume I need to set up the forms again from scratch, right?

Thanks again!

Hi @Student_Journal,

We don’t permit review forms to be modified once they are in use, as that would affect the record of already-completed forms. However, you can flip this toggle in the database by changing the included column in the review_form_elements table.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec,

thanks for this incredibly fast help!