Problems with CRON after upgrdae from 2.4.5 to 2.4.6

Dear OJS Community,
I have smoothly upgraded from 2.4.5 to 2.4.6
but ever since, I get an error from CRON:

NOTICE: Undefined property: ReviewReminder::$_executionLog (/home/workplace/uzp/public_html/ejes/lib/pkp/classes/scheduledTask/ScheduledTask.inc.php:99)
NOTICE: Undefined property: SubscriptionExpiryReminder::$_executionLog (/home/workplace/uzp/public_html/ejes/lib/pkp/classes/scheduledTask/ScheduledTask.inc.php:99)
NOTICE: Undefined property: OpenAccessNotification::$_executionLog (/home/workplace/uzp/public_html/ejes/lib/pkp/classes/scheduledTask/ScheduledTask.inc.php:99)

I have not change any code, so I have no idea why this happens. Maybe some permissions error?

It sounds like the upgrade wasn’t quite and smooth as you think.

Line 99 of /home/workplace/uzp/publichtml/ejes/lib/pkp/classes/scheduledTask/ScheduledTask.inc.php should look like:

Instead, it sounds like you still have what it used to read in 2.4.5:

What method did you use to upgrade?

I used the patch script. Dry run was OK, as well as the regular one.
Can I just modify the line, or change whole files?

I confirmed that the patchfile does contain this change on line 45305, so something didn’t work as expected in the patch.

Since we don’t know what other changes may not have been applied in the patch attempt, I don’t recommend just changing the single line.

Since you have not made changes to the code, I strongly recommend the “Full Package” method of upgrading. You should be able to follow these steps to ensure that your whole codebase is up-to-date.

1 Like