Problem with user registration in OJS 3.1.2.3

The user registration page is not loading due to which nobody is able to access the website content.

How can I resolve this issue?

Is there any subscription option or something which is creating this problem?

Hi @alsa,

You mean trying to access the registration page leads to an error?
Do you see any relevant errors in PHP log?

Hi @Vitaliy

Yes, when I am trying to or any other person is trying to register the page does not load.

One more thing I want to add that I am working on OJS by setting up a host file. May be that was creating an issue.

@alsa,

PHP error log can give more information about the error: How do I find my PHP error log? - #2
Are there any relevant errors that appear when accessing registration page?

@Vitaliy

There is no PHP error.

In Site Access Options the Additional Site and Article Access Restrictions options are not working.

Whether I tick the radio button or not the registration page is not opening and nothing is being changed
on the website.

How can I resolve this issue?

@alsa,

What you see in the browser when trying to access registration page?

@Vitaliy

Nothing.

Neither the URL changed.

Can you give the link to this journal in the private message?

@Vitaliy

Sure but as I have stated earlier that I am working on OJS by setting up a host file.

You may not be able to access the journal.

In this case, I need more details what is happening when you are trying to go by the link to the registrations page.
Complete URL should end up with /user/register. If you aren’t logged in, there should be registration form.

What do you mean by that? What you are getting with the request? You can view the response, e.g., in Google Chrome ctrl+shift+i → network tab

Hello,
I have the same problem with user registration. When users try to register they have a white page. Here is the url of the registration page:
https://journal.amaquen.org/index.php/joqie/user/register
Thanks for your help.

Hey @cimqusef

try to reinstall ojs, that worked for me.

Many thanks @alsa for your response, but your solution don’t work for me. I just upgraded to the new ojs and the problem is the same.

I was able to solve the problem. The solution is to install the “gettext” extension so that it is “enabled” and not “Alex Plotnick”.

Good day,

We just installed OJS 3.3.0.8 and appear to be have the same problem as others. I see several answers to the problem.

If “gettext” needs to be enabled where is it located?
If it needs installation, where is it?

This seems to have been an issue over time, can you please provide or point to a step by step instruction?

Below is the error:

Error while attempting to use the register button (users are required to register)

https://www.test.com/ojs_3308_a/index.php/jofdt/user/register

www.test.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

[14-Sep-2021 07:07:09 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function bindtextdomain() in /home/test/public_html/ojs_3308_a/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/sokil/php-isocodes/src/AbstractDatabase.php:87