Problem with upgrading OSJ 2.4.x to 3.2.x

Hello, I’m receiving the following fatal error when attempting to upgrade OJS from 2.4.x to 3.2.x:
Fatal error: Tables module does not exist in /var/www_tfc/public_html/journals3/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/HTMLModuleManager.php on line 188

Any insight regarding the concept “Tables module” or about html purifier would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello @asmecher, following up on your comment:
Your error messages involves tables as in HTML tables, not as in database tables.
I’m lost on what to do next, what HTML tables should I be concerned with if I’m just running the upgrade script? Is it trying to parse stored html? It appears to looking for a “Tables” module, what is a module in this context?

Thanks for any help in advance

Hi @Jafucius,

The error message you’re quoting comes from HTMLPurifier, which is a 3rd-party library we use in OJS. I would check two things:

• Make sure lib/pkp/lib/vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/HTMLModule/Tables.php exists in your installation and has the same contents as the OJS .tar.gz package
  • Check to see whether the allowed_html setting in config.inc.php is written in the right format for OJS 3.x (see config.TEMPLATE.inc.php in the OJS 3.x package for an example)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you very much @asmecher , the problem was that the Tables.php file was turned to binary on upload, so updating the contents fixed the error.

This type of problem occurred a few times when uploading the OJS software to my server, it never happens with other software. Strange.

Really appreciate the help,
Thanks again.