Problem with Rich Text Editor

The saving process circle keep on rotating Whenever I upload an image or insert HTML code that contains an image. As marked in the image below. Kindly help me solve the issue.
ojs

Hi @Sulthan90,

Check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I foudnd the following error log

[14-Mar-2018 16:38:39 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ContextSettingsForm::fetch() should be compatible with Form::fetch($request, $template = NULL, $display = false) in /home/sarpubli/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/tab/settings/form/ContextSettingsForm.inc.php on line 20
[14-Mar-2018 16:38:39 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ContextSettingsForm::initData() should be compatible with Form::initData() in /home/sarpubli/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/tab/settings/form/ContextSettingsForm.inc.php on line 20
[14-Mar-2018 16:38:39 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ContextSettingsForm::readInputData() should be compatible with Form::readInputData() in /home/sarpubli/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/tab/settings/form/ContextSettingsForm.inc.php on line 20
[14-Mar-2018 16:38:39 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ContextSettingsForm::execute() should be compatible with Form::execute() in /home/sarpubli/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/tab/settings/form/ContextSettingsForm.inc.php on line 20
[14-Mar-2018 16:38:39 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of PKPAppearanceForm::fetch() should be compatible with ContextSettingsForm::fetch($request, $params = NULL) in /home/sarpubli/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/tab/settings/appearance/form/PKPAppearanceForm.inc.php on line 18
[14-Mar-2018 16:38:40 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUserVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/sarpubli/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php on line 369
[14-Mar-2018 16:38:40 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/sarpubli/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 592
[14-Mar-2018 16:38:41 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of BlockPluginsListbuilderHandler::initialize() should be compatible with MultipleListsListbuilderHandler::initialize($request, $args = NULL) in /home/sarpubli/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/listbuilder/settings/BlockPluginsListbuilderHandler.inc.php on line 17

Hi @Sulthan90,

Those are just warnings, and shouldn’t be causing problems. (You can suppress them by disabling strict warnings in your PHP configuration.) Look elsewhere in the log file for an error (as opposed to a warning or notice).

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Will disabling it will solve the problem?
May I know where to disable it?

Hi @Sulthan90,

Look on StackOverflow.com for information on how to suppress strict warnings in PHP.

That probably won’t solve the problem, but it’ll clear some of the messages out of your PHP error log. I still suspect there’s an error message appearing there that isn’t quoted above.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

ok I will try it and post the result here, Thank you for your help

I reinstalled ojs and still the same problem persists. the error logs are here. Kindly help me.

[14-Mar-2018 20:11:03 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method Validation::verifyPassword() should not be called statically in /home/sarpubli/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/security/Validation.inc.php on line 58
[14-Mar-2018 20:11:07 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ContextGridHandler::loadData() should be compatible with GridHandler::loadData($request, $filter) in /home/sarpubli/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/admin/context/ContextGridHandler.inc.php on line 0
[14-Mar-2018 20:11:07 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ContextSiteSettingsForm::fetch() should be compatible with Form::fetch($request, $template = NULL, $display = false) in /home/sarpubli/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/admin/context/form/ContextSiteSettingsForm.inc.php on line 19
[14-Mar-2018 20:11:12 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ContextGridHandler::loadData() should be compatible with GridHandler::loadData($request, $filter) in /home/sarpubli/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/admin/context/ContextGridHandler.inc.php on line 0
[14-Mar-2018 20:11:12 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ContextSiteSettingsForm::fetch() should be compatible with Form::fetch($request, $template = NULL, $display = false) in /home/sarpubli/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/admin/context/form/ContextSiteSettingsForm.inc.php on line 19
[14-Mar-2018 20:11:12 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUserVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/sarpubli/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php on line 369
[14-Mar-2018 20:11:12 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/sarpubli/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 592

Hi @Sulthan90,

The same solution suggested above still applies.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Finally, I found the solution.

I reinstall ojs 3 and the same problem persists. As mentioned by @asmecher it was something else that didn’t show up in error log.
Morning, again I installed ojs 2 and again the same problem exists so the problem is not with ojs 3 but something else. and thank you to ojs 2 it showed me Error 403.
Googled about it and found out mod_security is creating this issues. Disabling it solves the problem. After necessary changed reenabled it and everything is fine and smooth.

On my goal to establish a new publishing house with quality journals. Wish me good luck. I thank @asmecher for kind support.

Hi @Sulthan90,

Glad to hear you resolved it!

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like