Problem with RecommendedByAuthor plugin

I have problems with the plugin generic.recommendByAuthor in ojs 3.0.2:

“Obs.: This plugin requires at least one statistics/report plugin to be enabled. If your statistics plugins provide more than one metric then please also select a main metric on the admin’s site settings page and/or on the journal manager’s settings pages.”

Do you know what plugin i have to enable?

Hi @aleisewitz

A (usage) statistic plugin is needed because the recommended articles are sorted by ‘most used’.
Theoretically, there could be several usage statistics plugins – e.g. some third-party plugins – but only the UsageStatistics plugin is published within the OJS release.
Thus, you would have to enable and use the UsageStatistics plugin.
When you enable the UsageStatistics plugin, the RecommendedByAuthor plugin will work, but I will have to check if it should be adjusted to new OJS release, to correctly sort the articles by ‘most used’.

Best,
Bozana

1 Like

We updated from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 and we just found the same problem.

Most read articles by the same author(s) Obs.: This plugin requires at least one statistics/report plugin to be enabled. If your statistics plugins provide more than one metric then please also select a main metric on the admin’s site settings page and/or on the journal manager’s settings pages.”

We had the plugins connected, and previously the plugin worked; suddenly the puglin doesn’t work after new version.

Hi @Isabel-M

Have you enabled the generic plugin Usage Statistics?

Best,
Bozana

@bozana I went through github recently of OJS. Is the recommendationbySimilarity plugin working?

Dear @bozana, thank you for your reply.
I have tried to enable this plugin, but I don’t find it in our system.
Would you please provide me a route into OJS?

I don’t find here:
http://ourweb/ojs/index.php/ourjournal/management/settings/website#pluginGalleryDiv

Neither here:
http://ourweb/ojs/index.php/ourjournal/management/settings/website#installedPluginsDiv

What I have found is this:

Maintainer
Kassim Machioudi
Public Knowledge Project
Homepage
GitHub - pkp/piwik: Piwik plugin for OMP OJS 3.0+
Summary
Permits usage statistics tracking using Piwik.
Status
Plugin already installed and up-to-date.

(In Plugin Gallery)

Thank you in advance.
Best,

Hi @Isabel-M

You would need to be logged in as admin and then go to Settings > Website > Plugins > Generic Plugins. There you should then see Usage Statistics plugin.

Best,
Bozana

Dear @bozana,
Thank you so much and sorry for this stupid question.

I had checked several times and I never realized till this moment I had not enabled this plugin!

Warm regards,