Problem with navigation menu on homepage

On homepage (http://example.com/) the user menu appear with key navigation.register, navigation.login, navigation.dashboard, common.viewProfile, navigation.admin. No matter which language I’ve defined.
the weird thing is that if I choose a journal (http://example.com/index.php/myjournal/), the menu works.
How do I fix it?

ojs-1

It appears that your OJS installation is having trouble loading locales. Can you confirm that the permissions are set correctly on your cache/ directory and the sub directories for it?

Cheers,

I have managed that by finding table navigation_menu_settings and I entered keys by hand and they appeared where needed.
Delete cache several times after you do that and you will see menus.

I check the permissions and they are correct. It seems like a bug on the load the locale data to navigation_menu_settings table.

Thank you for this solution. It worked palliatively. But there is no data in the table for all languages used. How do I insert them?

OK. I use the queries below for each language:

INSERT INTO ojs.navigation_menu_item_settings (navigation_menu_item_id, locale, setting_name, setting_value, setting_type) VALUES (‘1’, ‘en-US’, ‘title’, ‘Register’, ‘string’);

INSERT INTO ojs.navigation_menu_item_settings (navigation_menu_item_id, locale, setting_name, setting_value, setting_type) VALUES (‘2’, ‘en-US’, ‘title’, ‘Login’, ‘string’);

INSERT INTO ojs.navigation_menu_item_settings (navigation_menu_item_id, locale, setting_name, setting_value, setting_type) VALUES (‘3’, ‘en-US’, ‘title’, ‘{$loggedInUsername}’, ‘string’);

INSERT INTO ojs.navigation_menu_item_settings (navigation_menu_item_id, locale, setting_name, setting_value, setting_type) VALUES (‘4’, ‘en-US’, ‘title’, ‘Dashboard’, ‘string’);

INSERT INTO ojs.navigation_menu_item_settings (navigation_menu_item_id, locale, setting_name, setting_value, setting_type) VALUES (‘5’, ‘en-US’, ‘title’, ‘Profile’, ‘string’);

Are all languages that you use translated completely?

I think so. Now I’m using en-US and pt-BR.

Please make sure that when you choose locale which options are checked i.e. forms, UI etc.